JJ Abrams is one of those filmmakers who loves to hide easter eggs in his films and television shows. And we love to go on the easter egg hunt and find them. Star Wars: The Force Awakens is packed with inside jokes, cameos, fun references to past films, as well as some things that pay homage to the inspiration and fandom of the series.
How many Game of Thrones cameos did you spot? Is it possible the Ark of the Covenant from Raiders of the Lost Ark might be hidden in this movie somewhere? Find out this and over 50 other Star Wars: The Force Awakens easter eggs, after the jump.
Read More »
It has been a long time since that last Star Wars Bits, but Force Friday week has resulted in a lot of front page stand alone Star Wars stories that I’m not sure that you mind. Here is what you can find in today’s edition of Star Wars Bits:
- JJ Abrams talks about subduing his inner fanboy to make Force Awakens.
- How John Boyega first met JJ Abrams.
- New Star Wars: The Force Awakens character promo posters revealed in the Topps’ Star Wars Card Trader app.
- A preview of Star Wars: Shattered Empire, the comic book series which will fill the gap between Return of the Jedi and Force Awakens.
- Star Wars Rebels director Dave Filoni discusses season two.
- A new Star Wars Rebels season 2 clip.
- How the BB-8 Sphero robotic toy was created.
- The real Damerons go to Force Friday.
- Puppies Test The New Star Wars BB-8 Droid Toy
- Why Force Friday Was A Disaster For Many Star Wars Fans
- 80% Off Select Star Wars trade paperbacks and graphic novels this weekend.
- The header image: why aren’t the Han Solo In Carbonite Pop-Tarts a real thing?
All this and more, after the jump to hyperspace.
Read More »