So far the footage for the upcoming Spider-Man spin-off Venom from Sony Pictures has left a lot to be desire. The movie feels unlike anything we’ve seen in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which likely explains why it’s expressly not part of the successful, ongoing franchise of comic book movies featuring The Avengers. But maybe that’s because we’ve already seen this movie before.
A new trailer mash-up takes footage from The Mask, audio from Tom Hardy in the latest trailer for Venom, and clips from a bunch of other Jim Carrey movies to perfectly recreate the absurd comic book comedy starring Jim Carrey as a twisted, anti-hero comic book movie like Venom. It’s absolutely amazing, and it certainly doesn’t do Venom any favors. Read More »
In this edition of Theme Park Bits:
- Could Wreck-It Ralph be looking to wreck Stitch’s Great Escape at Walt Disney World?
- Construction on the Magic Kingdom’s Tron coaster is beginning to affect other nearby rides.
- Find out which classic Disney attraction is getting its own Funko Pop! Rides figure.
- Guests of Disneyland Resort, don’t count your luxury hotels before they’ve hatched.
- Pack your bags for Canada next year to ride the roller coaster to end all dive roller coasters.
- And more!
Read More »
The Morning Watch is a recurring feature that highlights a handful of noteworthy videos from around the web. They could be video essays, fanmade productions, featurettes, short films, hilarious sketches, or just anything that has to do with our favorite movies and TV shows.
In this edition, director Jon M. Chu breaks down a scene from the box office topping Crazy Rich Asians. Plus, watch a discussion with the filmmaker and cast members Constance Wu and Henry Golding following a screening at the Academy, and find out the answers to the web’s most searched questions about Ken Jeong. Read More »
If you couldn’t get enough of Black Panther, you’re in luck. A new digital EP titled Black Panther: Wakanda Remixed features remixes of the tracks scored by Grammy-nominated composer and songwriter Ludwig Göransson for the record-breaking Marvel movie. And they are sure to get you hyped and ready to declare “Wakanda forever!” once again.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
If you’ve had a hard week, here’s something that will cheer you up considerably. The Superpower Dogs trailer is loaded with a bunch of good boys and girls being very good dogs. The IMAX movie focuses on dogs who work to save lives, and that’s very commendable. But let’s be honest: what we really want to see here is puppers being adorable.
Read More »
Last week The Meg overperformed at the box office, but this weekend, it’s time for another title to shine as it swims past the prehistoric shark action thriller.
Warner Bros. Pictures’ much buzzed about romantic comedy Crazy Rich Asians surpassed expectations by raking in $25.3 million at the box office from 3,384. That was enough to have it top The Meg, which raked in a respectable $21.5 million in its second weekend. However, not all movies were quite as lucky. Mark Wahlberg‘s action thriller Mile 22 opened below expectations while the specialty release Billionaire Boys Club had one of the most embarrassing box office debuts ever. Read More »
In this edition of Casting Bits:
- Benicio del Toro is set to star in Oliver Stone‘s next drama, White Lies.
- Mark Hamill joins Knightfall as it’s renewed for season 2.
- Disney’s live-action Mulan remake adds Jimmy Wong and Doua Moua.
- Roland Emmerich‘s Midway enlists Patrick Wilson, Aaron Eckhart, Nick Jonas, Tadanobu Asano, and Keean Johnson.
- Jesse Plemons to co-star with Keri Russell in Scott Cooper‘s Antlers.
- Patton Oswalt joins Disney’s live-action Kim Possible movie.
- Joel Kinnaman joins Ron Moore’s space drama at Apple.
Read More »
Netflix has cut down their roster of talk shows after being on the streaming service for only a matter of months. Both The Break with Michelle Wolf and The Joel McHale with Joel McHale have been canceled, but it’s the way Netflix handled the axing of the former series that is rather disconcerting. Read More »
It’s been five years since SyFy brought the purposely stupid Sharknado to our screens. We’ve gotten a sequel each year since then, expanding the ludicrous B-movie’s mythology and bringing more and more D-list celebrities into the path of the shark infested funnel of death. But the joke has gone on too long, and the franchise if thankfully coming to an end.
The Last Sharknado: It’s About Time is the sixth and final installment of SyFy’s atrocious TV movie series, and the sad thing is that the kind of stuff we’re seeing in this movie isn’t too dissimilar from what unfolded in Transformers: The Last Knight. Watch The Last Sharknado trailer below and you’ll see what we’re dealing with. Read More »
In this edition of TV Bits:
- Rob McElhenney and Charlie Day plan a new series at Apple
- Watch a teaser for the new Kim Possible live-action movie
- Shooter is canceled, but might not be entirely dead
- Find out what Lost creator Carlton Cuse thinks about a reboot
- Get ready for another Chicago Fire, Chicago PD and Chicago Med crossover
- Find out what Nikolaj Coster-Waldau thinks of the Game of Thrones finale
Read More »