Three of the main actors from Gareth Evans’ The Raid and The Raid 2 have roles in J.J. Abrams‘ Star Wars: The Force Awakens. How did The Raid series star Iko Uwais, Yayan Ruhian (who played Mad Dog and Prakoso in the films) and Cecep Arif Rahman (who played “The Assassin” and fought in the kitchen finale of the sequel) make it into the new Star Wars film? I asked director J.J. Abrams for details and here is what he told me about The Raid stars in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, September 16th, 2015 by Angie Han
In today’s edition of Star Wars Bits:
- Preparations are underway for Star Wars Launch Bay at Disney World
- Star Wars Weekends and Disney Star Wars characters may be on their way out
- Watch an adorable video of BB-8‘s big day rolling around Disneyland
- Take a peek at the Star Wars and Darth Vader annuals coming from Marvel Comics
- Will the Star Wars books and comics become required reading for the movies?
- New Force Awakens merch offers a new look at characters like Tasu Leech
- Jimmy Vee has been spotted on the set of Star Wars: Episode VIII
- The first set photos from Star Wars: Rogue One have hit the web
(Header image: “Three Sith Moon” by 6amcrisis; buy the shirt here.)
Read More »
A couple new Star Wars LEGO sets have been posted online, including the 75015 Millennium Falcon set which includes a minifig that reveals a new character in Star Wars: The Force Awakens. The new character is named Tasu Leech. We don’t know a whole lot more but we’ll keep the image and speculation for after the jump.
Read More »
This is an unexpected yet awesome piece of Star Wars news to kick off the year of The Force Awakens. Twitch is reporting that three of the main actors from Gareth Evans’ The Raid and The Raid 2 have roles in J.J. Abrams‘ Star Wars: The Force Awakens. The actors in question are the lead actor Iko Uwais, Yayan Ruhian (who played Mad Dog and Prakoso in the films) and Cecep Arif Rahman, who played “The Assassin” and fought in the kitchen finale of the sequel (seen above right, with Uwais).
Nothing beyond that is known but /Film sources have hinted to us one of the film’s action sequences might have been choreographed by the team. Read more about The Raid Star Wars news below. Read More »
The best memory I have about 2010 film Skyline is the possibility that it is actually Skyfall. Every time I see the word “Skyline” I think it’s the misprinted title of the infinitely superior James Bond movie. Then my mind resets to the 2010 Brothers Strause film starring Eric Balfour. “Oh, right, that’s a movie.”
Well, that movie – which was about an alien invasion seen from inside a Los Angeles skyrise – is getting a sequel called Beyond Skyline. Three new cast members actually have our interest piqued for the second story. The first is Frank Grillo, the bad-ass star of Captain America: The Winter Solider and The Purge: Anarchy. The others are Iko Uwais and Yayan Ruhian, two of the stars of The Raid and The Raid 2. Read more about the Skyline sequel cast below. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, July 11th, 2013 by Angie Han
Who better to make a special Grown Ups 2 chili recipe than Guy Fieri? Also after the jump:
- Legendary doesn’t seem optimistic about Hellboy 3
- Neill Blomkamp isn’t interested in Star Trek 3
- Steven Seagal might do Expendables 3
- Transformers 4 sets up a Chinatown in Detroit
- Optimus Prime sees some action in new set videos
- Machete Kills will premiere at Fantastic Fest
- Charlie Sheen gets his own character poster
- Rub a dub dub, it’s a guy from The Raid 2 in a tub
- The gang’s all here in The Best Man Holiday trailer
Read More »