In this edition of Sequel Bits:
- Writer/director Chris McQuarrie shares a photo of the kick-ass female cast of Mission: Impossible 6
- Michael Bay says he’s really done with the Transformers franchise this time
- Get another look at Colin Firth in Kingsman: The Golden Circle
- Director Jorge R. Gutierrez will make The Book of Life 2
- And more!
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, March 4th, 2015 by Angie Han
Before we close the book on another year in film, Brandcameo has one more set of awards to hand out. But these aren’t for achievements in acting or directing or sound mixing. These are for all the product placements that cropped up in the movies last year, from Reese Witherspoon‘s REI boots in Wild to, well, the entirety of The Lego Movie.
The winner for most brands in a single film shouldn’t be hard to guess (I’ll give you a hint: it’s in the headline) but smaller films like Nightcrawler and The Theory of Everything apparently still found ways to squeeze in a few notable brand mentions. Find out who won the sometimes dubious honors in the 2015 Brandcameo Product Placement Awards after the jump. Read More »
I was cautiously optimistic about Dumb and Dumber To. The Farrelly Brothers were due for a hit; they were revisiting the characters that made them famous; and both Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels were back for the ride. What could possibly go wrong?
The answer is “everything,” as is very well explained in the Dumb and Dumber To Honest Trailer. In this video, the film is rightfully annihilated for being pointlessly gross, uncomfortably mean, and just plain unfunny. Thankfully, in doing so, the Honest Trailer is actually pretty great.
Check out the Dumb and Dumber To Honest trailer below. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, February 17th, 2015 by Angie Han
Have you heard? Google is a great search engine. You should try it. Lord knows Eric Schmidt wishes he had in this deleted scene from Dumb and Dumber To.
In a cameo as himself, the Google executive chairman makes the mistake of trying to get into the KEN conference (the movie’s version of the TED conference) without a ticket. The resulting verbal beatdown from the ticket-taker makes Schmidt look quite the fool. At least he can take comfort in knowing he’s still not as dumb as the two morons in line behind him. Watch the Eric Schmidt Dumb and Dumber To deleted scene after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, December 17th, 2014 by Angie Han
We saw some pretty major trailers in 2014. There were trailers for sequels 10, 20, even 30 years in the making; ones for mysterious passion projects; and trailers for adaptations of beloved books. But only one trailer gets to be the most major trailer of 2014. And it’s probably not the one you think it is.
The top movie might surprise you because its not Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Which movie trailer tops the YouTube Most Watched Trailers Of 2014 list? Find out after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, November 21st, 2014 by Angie Han
We’ve got some sequel-related odds and ends to take you into the weekend. After the jump:
- Jennifer Aniston makes a Horrible Bosses 3 casting suggestion
- Scooby-Doo and WrestleMania will team up once more
- Den DeBlois gives a How to Train Your Dragon 3 status update
- Producer wants Jonathan Levine to write Warm Bodies 2
- That “leaked” Ghostbusters 3 script from 2009 is a fake
- Now You See Me 2 makes room for Sanaa Lathan
- Andy Serkis says the Apes franchise might go beyond a trilogy
- Flip through some Night at the Museum 3 character posters
Read More »
Bobby Farrelly and Peter Farrelly, better known as The Farrelly Brothers, are responsible for some of the biggest and most quotable comedies of the past twenty years. This week, they’re making their first sequel, which also brings them back to the film that made them famous: Dumb and Dumber. Dumb and Dumber To reunites Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels as idiots Lloyd Christmas and Harry Dunne, and in so doing almost brings twenty years of comedy full circle.
To celebrate the release of Dumb and Dumber To, we’re ranked all 12 directorial efforts of the Farrelly Brothers. Theirs is a career that started with a bang and has since slowed down a bit. Still, their work is an impressive collection of films with unique and innovative plots.
Below, read our ranking of the films of the Farrelly Brothers. Read More »
Twenty years have passed since Lloyd and Harry left us in the original Dumb and Dumber. This weekend, they’re back with Dumb and Dumber To. The press got to see the film Wednesday night ahead of the Friday opening. The buzz is… well, find out after the jump by reading some Dumb and Dumber To reviews. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Wednesday, November 5th, 2014 by Angie Han
It took some 20 years to get from Dumb and Dumber to Dumb and Dumber To (with detours into prequel and TV territory in between), but we may not have to wait quite so long for Dumb and Dumber 3. As Dumb and Dumber To heads to theaters, both co-director Peter Farrelly and Jeff Daniels have already said they’d be on board for Dumb and Dumber 3.
Hit the jump to read their Dumb and Dumber 3 comments.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, November 4th, 2014 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- Lili Taylor and Barry Pepper join The Scorch Trials
- J.K. Rowling writes a bunch more Harry Potter stories
- Ewan McGregor says Trainspotting 2 will shoot in 2016
- Keanu Reeves hasn’t made a final decision on Bill & Ted 3
- The cast of Magic Mike XXL gathers for a class photo
- See Natasha Lyonne in a Beetlejuice 2 parody
- Enjoy a bunch of new clips from Dumb and Dumber To
Read More »