In this edition of TV Bits:
- The Party of Five reboot has been canceled.
- Black Mirror: Smithereens will be part of the Emmy TV movie race.
- Stephen Graham is joining Peaky Blinders.
- HBO Max is developing a series based on Jake Tapper’s novel The Hellfire Club.
- Watch a trailer for HBO’s I May Destroy You.
- Sorry everyone, but Idris Elba’s Netflix DJ show has been canceled.
- Train To Busan director Yeon Sang-ho is directing a Netflix series.
Read More »
Idris Elba is best known for being a badass in shows like Luther and movies like Pacific Rim and the Thor franchise. But now we’ll see a completely different side to the actor as he dives head first into his own comedy series at Netflix.
Turn Up Charlie follows Idris Elba as the titular character, a DJ who jumps from one woman to the next but can’t seem to find enough success to feel secure in his own life. When he runs into an old movie star friend (JJ Felid), a job opportunity comes along, but it’s not what he thinks. Suddenly, this DJ becomes a nanny to his friend’s precocious, rebellious, young daughter. But it might just turn into the opportunity of a lifetime in more ways than one. Watch the Turn Up Charlie trailer below. Read More »
Idris Elba was just named the Sexiest Man Alive by People magazine last year, and we know that’s true because he even looks dashing when he’s playing a DJ who ends up being a manny to friend’s daughter. That’s the premise of a new Netflix comedy series called Turn Up Charlie, and the streaming service has released the first photos from the show arriving this spring. See Idris Elba spinning the tracks and looking like a boss in the Turn Up Charlie photos below. Read More »
Netflix is upping its global footprint. In the wake of the huge success of foreign shows like Babylon Berlin, the streaming service has ordered seven original Netflix international shows, two documentaries, and one feature film. That’s a whopping 10 new international projects, which means you’re going to have to get used to reading subtitles.
Read More »