Posted on Friday, July 10th, 2015 by Angie Han
Even as the world eagerly awaits Star Wars: The Force Awakens — the first Star Wars movie in ten years — Lucasfilm is already pressing on with the next next Star Wars film. At the Star Wars panel at Comic-Con 2015, Kathleen Kennedy confirmed that Gareth Edwards‘ Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One will shoot later this summer. Read More »
Many forms of media are present in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Vinyl, video games, television, movies, comic books and so much more. Below, read about the following:
- John Williams‘ score for Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace is now on vinyl.
- Photos of Princess Leia in Star Wars: The Force Awakens leak.
- See the Boba Fett Disney Infinity 3.0 figure and a new E3 trailer.
- Visceral Games continues to tease a new Star Wars game.
- Watch a new clip from Star Wars Rebels season 2.
- See a variant cover for the comic Star Wars: Shattered Empire #1.
- Watch a conversation with Frank Oz from Disney’s Star Wars Weekends.
- Gawker Media offers to buy the script for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Mark Hamill‘s role in Star Wars: The Force Awakens is questioned.
- What Force Awakens ship could also appear in Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One?
- How does Finn fit in between the Resistance and First Order?
Read More »
The cast of the first Star Wars Anthology film, Rogue One, just got an intense new addition who can contribute a tremendous sense of gravitas to the story. Forest Whitaker has joined Rogue One, in which he’ll appear alongside Felicity Jones, Riz Ahmed, Diego Luna and Ben Mendelsohn. Gareth Edwards is directing this first Star Wars spin-off film. Read More »
There’s too much important stuff in this edition of Star Wars Bits to waste time. Read about the following:
- Star Wars Episode VIII will shoot on 35mm film.
- Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One will shoot partially with a 6K camera and new Panavision lenses.
- Daisy Ridley drops a hint about Rey’s lineage in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- See the covers of three new Star Wars novels.
- Jurassic World director Colin Trevorrow talks Star Wars films.
- Anthony Daniels is voicing C-3PO in Star Wars Battlefront.
- Find out about a never published Star Wars novel called “Heart of the Jedi.”
- Billie Lourd strikes down another Star Wars: The Force Awakens rumor.
- Star Wars may once again film on Skellig Michael in Ireland.
- Read an interview with the stunt double who played Kylo Ren.
- Peter Mayhew definitively puts the “Han Shot First” debate to rest.
Read More »
There’s lots of fun stuff to discuss in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One writer Chris Weitz asks for the help of Neil deGrasse Tyson.
- Carrie Fisher may have autographed herself into a Star Wars: The Force Awakens spoiler.
- The second Star Wars Anthology film is reportedly still on track for 2018.
- See a quick preview of the Lando Marvel Comic.
- A new official Star Wars canon timeline has been released.
- The books set between Return of the Jedi and Force Awakens will be called The Aftermath Trilogy.
- Season one of Star Wars Rebels may hit Blu-ray in September.
- Several European release dates for Star Wars: The Force Awakens are revealed.
- How many Funko Pop figures based on The Force Awakens will there be?
- John Williams is currently scoring Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Read More »
Director Gareth Edwards is quietly putting together an amazing, diverse cast for his upcoming Star Wars film. We know Felicity Jones is on board, and we’ve heard Riz Ahmed and Ben Mendelsohn might be along for the ride too. Now Variety reports Diego Luna will join the team for Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One, which follows a group of solders who steal the plans for the Death Star.
The trade also reports Mendelsohn’s role is that of the lead villain. Read more about the Rogue One casting below. Read More »
Since the inception of Star Wars Rebels, everyone’s been acting under one assumption. That assumption is the show would only take place between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. But when you start thinking about films like Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One, we start to wonder. Why does the show have to stop there? The Skywalker story isn’t the only thing happening with the Rebel Alliance. Why couldn’t the Rebels cross over, not only with Rogue One, which is set in the same period, but maybe even into A New Hope and beyond?
The answer to those questions is: it could happen. This is according to Rebels producers Simon Kinberg and Dave Filoni. We spoke with each at Star Wars Celebration and they said the show is not beholden to any timeline, there could be crossover with the films on the animated show itself, and there’s even a possibility the characters could show up in live action.
Of course, this is all hypothetical, but it sure does open up a pandora box’s of Star Wars possibilities. Below, read the quotes from Kinberg and Filoni on a potential Star Wars Rebels movie crossover. Read More »
The bits are flying all over the place in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- John Knoll talks physics of the Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One teaser trailer.
- Read the first official interviews given by John Boyega and Daisy Ridley for The Force Awakens.
- Watch some more reaction videos to the latest Force Awakens trailer.
- See a visual breakdown of every musical moment in the Star Wars series.
- Kathleen Kennedy talks about secrecy surrounding The Force Awakens.
- Check out a supercut of every single character in the Star Wars saga.
- Mark Hamill released some personal photos from the set of Return of the Jedi.
- Did J.J. Abrams film some of The Force Awakens in the world’s third largest cave?
- Find out some answers to burning questions regarding Star Wars Battlefront.
- A spoiler filled scene from Star Wars: The Force Awakens is described.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
The first Star Wars Anthology film, Rogue One, to be directed by Gareth Edwards, is sounding like an anomaly in the Star Wars lineup. The movie has been positioned explicitly as a war film, and the teaser trailer shown at Star Wars Celebration featured a vibe that is more serious, even adult, than any other Star Wars project to date. And there’s the cast, which is so far led by Felicity Jones, who we know plays a Rebel fighter.
Now Riz Ahmed (above, with Jake Gyllenhaal in Nightcrawler) is reported to be in the Rogue One cast as well. Additionally, Sam Claflin is reportedly circling a role. Read More »
We’ve got more Star Wars Celebration round-up items, as well as some cool Force Awakens info, in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read the following:
- Force Awakens star John Boyega is back on Twitter, and walked around Celebration in disguise.
- Disney is recreating the Millennium Falcon cockpit on their cruise ship.
- George Lucas says Star Wars: The Force Awakens is a “different” kind of story.
- Marvel announced two new Star Wars comic books.
- A new Del Ray book has been revealed: Star Wars Battlefront: Twilight Company.
- Author Alan Dean Foster will write The Force Awakens novelization.
- Watch a Lego version of the Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One trailer.
- Listen to Peter on a podcast about Star Wars Celebration.
- See where the X-Wing sequences in the Force Awakens trailer were filmed.
- Ben Mendelsohn tiptoes around his potential Rogue One casting.
- Want to see a Gonk Droid in Star Wars: The Force Awakens?
- J.J. Abrams takes the Twizzler Challenge.
- Star Wars Celebration 2016 will be in London from July 15-17, 2016.
Read More »