Star Wars Episode VII speculation, scenes, and cold, hard Star Wars Rebels facts highlight this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read the following:
- Star Wars Episode VII star Pip Andersen made a visit to Andy Serkis‘ Imaginarium Studios.
- Star Wars Rebels premiered Friday to 6.5 million viewers and is coming to New York Comic-Con.
- Star Wars in Concert might be returning.
- Simon Kinberg analyzed every moment of Star Wars Rebels for StarWars.com
- Read a possible description of a hanger space in Star Wars Episode VII as well as a lightsaber showdown.
- ABC will air an episode of Star Wars Rebels on October 26 with a new scene.
- Read an excerpt from James Luceno‘s Star Wars novel Tarkin.
- Watch a video of the Director of Music and Scoring at Skywalker Sound.
Read More »
A new photo from the set of Star Wars Episode VII has been released. Well, more accurately, a pic has emerged from inside the production offices at Pinewood Studios outside London. It’s the same image Kevin Smith described when he talked about his trip to the set; this time the actual image was posted by Frank Marshall, the film producer and husband of Kathleen Kennedy, the president of Lucasfilm. It’s a Star Wars themed poster warning people who visit the set about what they can and can’t say. See the Star Wars 7 poster here. Read More »
A day without Star Wars rumors is like a day without sunshine. Earlier today, we ran a few of the latest and like any good virus, a bunch of others have sprouted up around them. The most interesting has to do with the the home of Daisy Ridley‘s character, referred to on set as Kira. Multiple sources confirm not only where she lives, what she lives inside, and it’s probably a good size spoiler.
The second has to do with the role played by Max Von Sydow. We know he’s cast in the movie, but we haven’t heard much about who he’s playing outside of speculation. A new report has an idea, and it’s not at all what anyone guessed. Read more about the latest Star Wars 7 rumors below. Read More »
Trying to figure out the plot to Star Wars Episode VII is like putting together a messed up puzzle. There’s no guide, people are forging pieces, and we don’t know what connects to what. Even pieces we think are correct could potentially be total crap. We won’t have a real idea until we learn the title and see some footage, both of which are likely several months away.
Still, the impossible construction of the secretive plot is fun and today two new rumors enter the mix. One details a potential early scene in the film and a second calls into question several plot points we’ve pretty much accepted as fact. Read both the new Star Wars 7 rumors below. Read More »
Either J.J. Abrams has just raised his mystery box tactics to a whole new level, or people are terrible. You decide.
For the past five months, Abrams has been all over the world filming Star Wars Episode VII with a near-unprecedented level of curiosity surrounding the production. Paparazzi have been clamoring for set photos. Images of the actors simply walking on the streets are news. Recently, drones captured set images Abrams was surely not happy to see. That’s not even counting the online leaks about plot points, characters and more.
The whole time, the two safest and most exciting sources of Star Wars news were Daisy Ridley and John Boyega. The young actors, likely the two leads of the film, had been carefully documenting the process on social media. Both loved to tweet their thoughts about the process, posting funny videos and photos on Instagram, all the while never revealing anything.
The most we knew about Boyega’s character was the actor listened to lots of great Hollywood scores to get pumped for his scenes. Ridley revealed even less, mostly that she was spending a lot of time with Boyega and was genuinely ecstatic about the whole process. All in all, the two exuded passion that was infectious and harmless. If anything, it was helping get fans even more excited for the film.
Then, over the past few days, both accounts disappeared. Boyega’s Instagram remains (as of press time) and a Lucasfilm representative told /Film they were just as surprised as we were to see the accounts gone. That leads us to ask the question, why did John Boyega and Daisy Ridley leave Twitter? Read More »
One of the most iconic Star Wars actors has finished his work on the new film, plus a new actor has some thoughts for the old guard and more in this edition of Star Wars Bits:
- Details on the Star Wars Episode VII shoot in the Forest of Dean have been revealed.
- Anthony Daniels has finished his shooting on Star Wars Episode VII.
- Oscar Isaac wishes George Lucas had left the original trilogy alone.
- What does Ron Burgundy dressed as Han Solo look like?
- David Oyelowo confirms there will be exciting cameos in Star Wars Rebels.
- Learn the secrets of The Phantom, part of The Ghost, in Star Wars Rebels.
- John Boyega is adding his voice to a cartoon.
Read More »
Looks like there might be more firings on the set of Star Wars Episode VII. Weeks after the site Indie Revolver posted some incredibly spoiler-filled images reportedly from the highly anticipated film, everyone heard J.J. Abrams let go of some people. Today, that site has released a few more images and while they aren’t as spoilerific as the ones from a few weeks ago, they do potentially ruin the look of some of the new Storm Troopers and maybe even one of the lightsaber action scenes.
Find out more about the new Star Wars 7 concept art below. Read More »
It was an exciting weekend to be a Star Wars fan. If you missed the fun, don’t fret, we’ve got you covered. Below, read the following:
- Watch the first footage of actual filming on the set of Star Wars Episode VII featuring John Boyega. (Non-spoiler, too!)
- See potential set photos of Adam Driver and Gwendoline Christie on set in very Star Wars-y outfits. (spoilers hidden)
- Is Endor a location in Star Wars Episode VII?
- Disneyland Paris will gets Star Wars upgrade in the coming years.
- WWE wrestler Sheamus settles that Darth Vader rumor.
- Crazy rumors say Daniel Craig, Robert Downey Jr., Samuel L. Jackson and Hugh Jackman are in Episode VII.
- Watch two new Star Wars Rebels TV spots.
- Look at Eric Tan‘s amazing Star Wars Trilogy prints and the above Han Solo piece.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Some very cool Star Wars Episode VII set photos have been taken, and some very interesting rumors and lots of cool trivia have all shown up online. Below, read about the following.
- A new kind of X-Wing Fighter was spotted by drones flying over the Star Wars Episode VII set.
- Photos of Star Wars extras, in costume, have been taken from a great distance.
- Simon Pegg‘s daughter inspired J.J. Abrams and “saved Star Wars.”
- Hasbro has begun working on Episode VII toys.
- Read how Marvel’s success helped speed up Star Wars.
- What is Daisy Ridley‘s character name in Star Wars Episode VII?
- Star Wars is taking over Subway and your college football games.
- Some intriguing new rumors about Luke Skywalker‘s story in Star Wars Episode VII.
Read More »
Update: Video footage added after the jump.
Photos of the sets and vehicles for Star Wars Episode VII are among the most sought-after snaps right now, and one guy managed to get one by accident. Matthew Myatt shooting aerial photos for use as stock photos for the flying school Airborne Aviation, but he captured something that isn’t going to make it into the stock catalogue: an image of a tarp-covered X-Wing fighter next to a half-built Millennium Falcon. Read More »