Lionsgate first announced Now You See Me 3 way back in 2015, a year before the second movie even hit theaters. But the studio has never given up on the magic-infused heist franchise, and now they’ve conjured up a writer with a brand new take on the material: Eric Warren Singer, who was nominated for an Oscar for writing American Hustle and who also has a credit on Paramount’s upcoming Top Gun: Maverick.
Get the details of the revamped Now You See Me 3 below. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, November 9th, 2016 by Angie Han
The success of the first Now You See Me seemed to take everyone by surprise, but it wasn’t long before Lionsgate reacted by commissioning a second Now You See Me. And then announcing a third, before the second one even opened. Unfortunately, Now You See Me 2 failed to match the buzz of the original, and wound up taking in just $65 million at the domestic box office.
Still, Lionsgate isn’t giving up on this franchise. The studio is pressing onward with Now You See Me 3, setting Neil Widener and Gavin James to write the script. Jon M. Chu, who helmed the last film, is still attached to direct.
Read More »
In this edition of Sequel Bits:
- Michael Bay welcomes Laura Haddock to the Transformers: The Last Knight set as a new billboard appears in Times Square.
- A new Jason Bourne featurette explores a gigantic car chase sequence.
- Dave Franco would like to make Now You See Me 3, of course.
- Check out the stuff that was cut from Independence Day: Resurgence.
- The shot-on-Snapchat Sickhouse is getting a sequel.
- Star Trek Beyond gets a new featurette and an IMAX poster.
- Rian Johnson shares another new images from the Star Wars: Episode 8 set.
Read More »
In today’s edition of Sequel Bits:
- The director of Space Jam doesn’t think a sequel should happen.
- Paddington 2 is officially on the way.
- Lionsgate is already talking about Now You See Me 3.
- Vin Diesel is facing a lawsuit over XXX: The Return of Xander Cage.
- Trainspotting 2 has begun filming.
- The trailer for Kill Zone 2 arrives.
- Kristen Stewart trash talks The Huntsman: Winter’s War.
Read More »
Even though Now You See Me 2 isn’t hitting theaters until this summer, that’s not stopping Lionsgate from getting another sequel in the magician heist franchise ready to go. Lionsgate has set the first sequel’s director, Jon M. Chu, to return to direct Now You See Me 3. Get more details on the film’s development after the jump. Read More »
It’s that time of the week again. We’re certainly looking forward to a nice holiday weekend, and if you were too busy to stay on top of all the news this week, we’ve got a round-up of all the stories you need to catch up on.
Below you’ll find a round-up of trailers for summer movies like Pixels, sequels like The Maze Runner: Scorch Trials, and the likely awards contender Steve Jobs. We also have updates on Star Trek 3, a controversial point of view on geek culture from Simon Pegg, more Mad Max: Fury Road goodies and some Tomorrowland exploration as well. So without further adieu, let’s check out the best stories of the week. Read More »
Posted on Friday, May 22nd, 2015 by Angie Han
Despite the fact that Now You See Me 2 isn’t hitting theaters for another year, Lionsgate is raring to go on Now You See Me 3. The studio confirms it’s already entered the “early planning” stages for the threequel, now that Now You See Me 2 has wrapped production. Hit the jump for more about the Now You See Me 3 announcement. Read More »