In this edition of Sequel Bits:
- Check out a new Bumblebee poster
- A Power Rangers sequel may or may not be in development, depending on who you ask
- Jake Busey dishes on how The Predator treats Predator 2 as cannon
- James Roday wants another Psych movie
- Shane Black would love to make a Nice Guys sequel if someone would just give him the money
- Old Terminator Arnold Schwarzenegger gets together with new Terminator Gabriel Luna
- Fede Alvarez reveals why he re-cast everyone for The Girl In the Spider’s Web
- The worst scene in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom was inspired by E.T.
- A new poster for that new Johnny English movie, in case you care
- A Simpsons movie sequel is in the works
- Peter Berg reveals an abandoned sequel idea for The Rundown
- The Back to the Future cast offer up their their thoughts on Back to the Future 4
- Sylvester Stallone once again teases Rambo 5
- A new poster for The Nun decides to just rip-off The Exorcist, because why not?
Read More »
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is currently the fourth highest grossing film of the year at the domestic box office, with $384 million raked in this summer. Overseas, it also pulled in nearly $814 million, giving it a total that is just shy of $1.2 billion globally. That’s an impressive haul, even if it’s not quite as successful as its franchise-reviving predecessor. And now the movie is poised to make even more money when it comes home this fall.
In September, Universal Pictures will bring Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom home to digital, Blu-ray and DVD with an assembly of special features from behind the scenes of production. Find out everything that will be on the Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Blu-ray below. Read More »
San Diego Comic-Con is nearly upon us, and that means it’s almost time for an onslaught of updates and announcements about some of your most anticipated movies and TV shows. But that also means there are tons of goodies that are about to go on sale for rabid collectors to get their hands on, and Mondo has plenty of good stuff to offer.
Mondo sent us the exclusive debut of their outstanding San Diego Comic-Con exclusive prints for Jurassic Park and Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Plus, we have a first look at their upcoming assortment of Jurassic Park tiki mugs that you won’t have to wait in line for at Comic-Con. Check out the Mondo Jurassic Park posters and all the other good stuff below. Read More »
Remember the life-size hatching velociprator egg statue from Jurassic Park? Well, now you can pick up the next stage in growth of the speedy, intelligent dinosaur in the form of the best thing to come out the franchise revival with Jurassic World.
Both Prime 1 Studio and Chronicle Collectibles are releasing their own life-size statues of the baby velociraptor named Blue, seen in video form in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. She’s the most intelligent and loyal out of Owen Grady’s pack of trained raptors, and before she became a skilled hunter who was pretty good at following orders, she was just an adorable baby dinosaur. Check both of the life-size baby Blue velociraptor statues below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
In this edition of sequel bits:
- Jason Blum, the man who produced Halloween, wants you to know Halloween is very good. Why would he lie?
- Amy Adams offers an update on the Enchanted sequel.
- Sylvester Stallone gets his own Creed II poster.
- Stallone also provides an update on the next Rambo movie, because the past never dies.
- Social media expert Dwayne Johnson welcomes Idris Elba to Hobbs and Shaw.
- Steven Spielberg gave the O.K. to Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom‘s twist.
- Netflix’s Godzilla anime sequel now has a release date.
- Want to see a blurry set pic of Chris Hemsworth filming Men in Black? Of course you do.
- Mission: Impossible – Fallout has a new IMAX poster featuring Tommy Cruise doing dangerous stuff.
- Behold a new image from The Crimes of Grindelwald.
- Grumpy Gus Terry Gilliam reveals he once turned down an Alien sequel.
Read More »
Say what you will about Jurassic World, one of the highlights of the film was Jake Johnson‘s character Lowery (and his interactions with Lauren Lapkus‘ character Vivian). Johnson’s character didn’t return for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, but at one point, there was a chance the character could’ve had a part to play in the recently-released sequel.
Read More »
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is still dominating the box office charts, pulling in $60 million last weekend, bringing the global total to over $934 million. That means plenty of dinosaur fans are turning out in droves for the sequel, which features plenty of callbacks to the other movies in the Jurassic Park franchise. But there are a few other references to one of Steven Spielberg‘s other films you might not have noticed.
Director J.A. Bayona has still been making the press rounds for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, and in a recent interview he revealed there are a few Easter eggs referencing E.T. The Extra Terrestrial, though a couple of them may not be so quickly recognized or noticed. Find out what the Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom E.T. Easter eggs are below, but beware of spoilers for the end of the movie. Read More »
Rather than just let CGI and acting do all the heavy-lifting, the production team behind Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom went ahead and built a functioning roller coaster to create one of the film’s major action set pieces. The Fallen Kingdom behind-the-scenes video below highlights how the roller coaster was used to create some movie magic.
Read More »
On the June 26, 2018 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor-in-chief Peter Sciretta plays the audio from his interview with spoiler discussion with Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom producer Colin Trevorrow. In our conversation, Trevorrow explains the very ambitious ending of this film, the movie’s big twist, offers multiple teases as to what we might expect from Jurassic World 3, and much more. I have one bit of the interview that I will hold off for tomorrow, but the rest is here for your enjoyment. Major spoilers lie ahead.
You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Play, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (here is the RSS URL if you need it).
Read More »
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom has a few big surprises. But perhaps the biggest surprise was the revelation that trailers and TV spots spoiled the ending of the film. This was ultimately a marketing department decision, and it definitely did not sit well with the Fallen Kingdom filmmakers.
Major spoilers for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom follow.
Read More »