In this edition of Sequel Bits:
- Spenser Confidential 2 is “definitely” happening, so everyone please relax.
- Gabrielle Union says a Bring It On sequel is “absolutely going to happen.”
- Kevin Hart’s Quibi series is getting a sequel.
- The Boss Baby: Family Business announces its voice cast.
- Hotel Transylvania 4 will arrive in 2021.
- A producer explains why National Treasure 3 still hasn’t happened.
- Wong Kar-wai has written a Chungking Express sequel.
Read More »
Contrary to popular belief, Quibi has not deleted itself from existence out of sheer embarrassment…yet. The young streaming platform is still around, but with apologies to The Most Dangerous Game and every other thing Quibi has produced so far, the service desperately needs a big crossover hit – and Ride Along and Central Intelligence star Kevin Hart just might be its savior.
A new Quibi series called Die Hart stars Hart as a fictionalized version of himself who tires of being the comedic relief and wants to play an action star for once. But when that opportunity finally comes along, it comes with a catch – Hart has to attend action star school, which is overseen by a lunatic played by John Travolta (Face/Off, Pulp Fiction). Check out the first trailer below.
Read More »
Kevin Hart has always taken jabs for being a short guy, and that’s not going to stop anytime soon, especially now that he’s signing up to star in Die Hart, a new series on Quibi, the short-form streaming subscription service launching in April. Find out more about the Kevin Hart Quibi series below. Read More »