The nominations for the 71st Primetime Emmy Awards were announced this morning, and you know what that means: it’s time to pick apart the selections and make our case for why some of our favorites didn’t make the cut. The Academy of Television Arts and Sciences’ voting body has about 24,000 members, and their collective decisions gave us plenty of nominations to praise and scratch our heads about.
Let’s run through a list of some of the 2019 Emmys snubs and surprises below. Read More »
In this edition of TV Bits:
- MTV is remaking Punk’d and Singled Out, because there is no escaping the past.
- Netflix renews Dead to Me for season 2.
- A SpongeBob SquarePants spinoff is headed to Nickelodeon.
- The Ranch is ending with season 4.
- That viral Baby Shark song is becoming a TV show.
- Jennifer Aniston says the Friends cast is up for a reunion, if someone wants to get that going.
Read More »
Dealing with the death of a loved one is always difficult. But after Jen (Christina Applegate) loses her husband in the new Netflix series Dead to Me, her cynical attitude and grim sense of humor doesn’t jibe well with the touchy feely remorse that everyone around her is feeling. Thankfully, an unlikely friend arrives at a grief support group in the form of Judy (Linda Cardellini). However, the friendship suddenly becomes a bit of a red flag when it’s revealed that Judy has a dark past and seems to be hiding a big secret. Will Jen care about this revelation when Judy is the only one who makes her feel like she’s not losing her mind? Watch the Dead to Me trailer below. Read More »
In today’s edition of TV Bits:
- Roseanne spin-off The Conners gets a premiere date and a new theme song
- A whole new slate of Shonda Rhimes shows coming to Netflix
- James Gunn‘s Starsky & Hutch show has been abandoned
- J.J. Abrams‘ Bad Robot has a new TV series in the works
- Y: The Last Man adds another cast member
- Christina Applegate heads to Netflix for Dead to Me
- Jillian Bell joins Ben Schwartz in Showtime comedy The Wrong Mans (yes, plural)
- Get Shorty gets a season 2 trailer
- And more!
Read More »