Last week, we learned that Kevin Smith was breathing new life into Clerks 3 just a few years after the project was abandoned because one of the film’s co-stars simply didn’t feel compelled to participate. However, rather than dusting off the old draft of the script that almost went into production, Kevin Smith is writing an entirely new screenplay, and this one will take some cues from the real life heart attack that the filmmaker suffered last year. But just because everything has been making Kevin Smith cry lately, don’t go thinking Clerks 3 will be some kind of over-emotional tearjerker. Read More »
With the upcoming Jay and Silent Bob Reboot, it seemed like Kevin Smith was saying goodbye to all of the characters who have populated the cinematic world known as the View Askewniverse. Over the years, Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, and Clerks II have featured interconnected stories and references to characters in the other movies, and the upcoming sequel will bring back nearly everyone who ever had a significant role in a Kevin Smith movie, including Ben Affleck. But apparently that won’t be the end of the View Askewniverse after all.
Kevin Smith is out on the publicity tour for Jay and Silent Bob Reboot right now, and while making an appearance to sign some stuff for auction, the director revealed that he was reunited with Clerks co-star Jeff Anderson after the two had a bit of a falling out sometime after Clerks II. The reunion turned to a discussion about finally getting Clerks 3 off the ground, but it’ll have a whole new script after the first attempt to make the sequel didn’t pan out. Read More »
This edition of sequel bits has some casting, some photos and some interesting trivia from sequels that never will be. Below, read the latest edition of Sequel Bits.
- Joey King and Brent Spiner return for Independence Day 2.
- The kids are scared in a new photo from Jurassic World.
- Brian O’Halloran returns for Mallrats 2.
- See a crazy photo of Kristen Wiig in Zoolander 2.
- Johnny Galecki joins the cast of Rings, plus more details.
- Why isn’t Ja Rule in the Fast and Furious sequels?
- The time has passed for a Dwayne Johnson Hobbs Fast and Furious spin off.
- A new Hitman: Agent 47 poster is out.
- The star of Tomorrowland ponders the possibility of a sequel.
- Watch Broken Lizard start training for Super Troopers 2.
- More discussion about a Dragon Tattoo sequel.
- Adam Sandler killed a Freddy Krueger prequel.
Read More »
Earlier this week, Kevin Smith revealed that Hit Somebody, the hockey film he’d planned to be his final movie, was going to be turned into a TV mini-series. That left a distinct void in Smith’s feature film resume. He was now without a big passion project to close out his feature directorial career. Then, on Twitter, he built up to this:
That’s right, Kevin Smith is going to make Clerks III. Once Randall (Jeff Anderson) signs on the dotted line, that is. Read more after the jump. Read More »