Back to the Future: The Musical started early previews at the Manchester Opera House just last week. Unfortunately, since the show is only playing in London until the middle of May, that leaves a lot of Back to the Future fans unable to check out the lively show from Tony Award-winning director John Rando (Urinetown, On The Town). But the good news is you can get a little sneak peek at what the show looks like thanks to some Back to the Future: The Musical photos from the first week of shows for the stage production. They even have a full scale DeLorean time machine on stage. Read More »
Every single movie you loved as a kid or teen must now become a stage musical – it’s the law. Back to the Future is the latest title to get the musical treatment, headed to London in 2020. While you might have to wait a full year to see the musical, you won’t need a time machine to hear the music. “Put Your Mind to It”, the first of the officially released Back to the Future musical songs, can be heard below.
Read More »
Last week, we learned that a Back to the Future musical would finally be opening in 2020 after first being announced all the way back in 2012. Now the first teaser trailer for the musical as arrived with Olly Dobson as Marty McFly, and it captures the vibe and style of the original teaser trailer from nearly 35 years ago. Read More »
We’ve been hearing rumblings about a Back to the Future musical for about seven years, but after a long wait, the show has finally ramped up to 88 mph and is ready to make its debut. Robert Zemeckis, the film’s co-writer/director, and Bob Gale, its co-writer/producer, are still involved in this musical, as is the movie’s composer, Alan Silvestri. Here’s everything we know about the upcoming stage show. Read More »
On /Film, we have Superhero Bits daily, Star Wars Bits and Sequel Bits a few times a week, and occasionally we’ll run a TV Bits. Today we add a new one to the line, Back to the Future Bits. No, don’t expect to see this round-up as a regular column, but with Back to the Future Day coming up next week (remember Marty and Doc arrived on October 21st, 2015) there are just too many news stories, announcements, and fun tidbits not to share with you. So today I present to you the first (and possibly only) edition of Back to the Future Bits. Here is what you can expect:
- Writer/producer Bob Gale answers fan questions.
- We get an update on Back to the Future: The Musical.
- Christopher Lloyd and Michael J Fox tease a big announcement from Toyota coming on October 21st 2015.
- Find out where you can get a Back to the Future Day t-shirt.
- Claudia Wells reprises her role as Jennifer Parker for a Back to the Future short film showing what happened the night of October 26th 1985.
- Find out how to recreate the Flux Capacitor cheaply with everyday materials.
- Back to the Future series director Robert Zemeckis admits the movie wouldn’t have been made today.
- Bob Gale talks about what he got right and wrong about his Back to the Future Part II predictions, including the Cubs going to the 2015 World Series.
- Listen/watch a rocking remix of Back to the Future by Eclectic Method.
- And the header image is of a Back to the Future DeLorean time machine golf cart created for The Red Deer College 30th Annual Golf Classic.
All that and more, in Back to the Future bits. Hit the jump to 88 miles an hour to see some serious shit.
Read More »