The Raid 3 is (probably) never going to happen, which is sad news for those who have been clamoring for another entry in Gareth Evans‘ incredible action franchise. But in a new interview, Evans has laid out his plan for what would have happened in the third movie if he had made it – and the results are genuinely surprising.
Most notably, it would not have followed Rama (Iko Uwais), the protagonist from the first two films. “I definitely think it would have pissed off an awful lot of people,” Evans said. Check out his detailed breakdown of the would-be movie’s plot below. Read More »
Director Gareth Evans quickly garnered acclaim and demand after delivering the intense, action-packed crime thriller The Raid. Then he upped the ante by coming back with an even more fierce sequel in The Raid 2: Berandal. Since then, fans have been wanting to see Gareth Evans get back behind the camera with The Raid 3 to continue the story of police officer Rama (Iko Uwais). But unfortunately, it’s sounding less and less likely that the sequel will come together. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, January 21st, 2015 by Angie Han
Did the bone-crunching excitement of The Raid 2 leave you dying to see the sequel ASAP? Well, too bad. Director Gareth Evans says The Raid 3 won’t be happening for at least another three years.
On the bright side, though, he does have some ideas already, for whenever he decides to get the project going again. More on The Raid 3 release, plus details on what he’ll be doing instead, after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, March 18th, 2014 by Angie Han
In case you were wondering, yes, Hiccup and Toothless are as cute as ever. A new batch of adorable How to Train Your Dragon 2 images is proof of that. Also after the jump:
- Watch a behind-the-scenes video for Alien: Isolation
- Legendary is “open” to a Pacific Rim sequel
- Universal schedules Ride Along for January 2016
- Here’s how The Raid 3 connects to The Raid 2
- Could HBO’s Girls make the leap to the big screen?
- Is Matthew McConaughey avoiding Magic Mike 2?
- Mike Bassett: England Manager is getting sequelized.
- There’s a Silence of the Lambs spinoff coming, sorta-kinda.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, March 13th, 2014 by Angie Han
Whether you like family-friendly animated adventures or hard-R action thrillers, someone out there is trying to make a sequel for you. After the jump:
- Kristen Bell would do Frozen 2 “in a heartbeat”
- Sullivan Stapleton really wants there to be another 300
- Jean Claude Van Damme would like to be in Expendables 4
- The Raid 3 won’t get going “for a couple of years”
- Fast & Furious 7 is heading to Abu Dhabi to shoot
- Leigh Whannell doesn’t know anything about Saw 8
- … but does have a few details to share about Insidious 3
- Transformers 4 reveals a bunch of (human) character posters
- The GNN staff goes wild in a deleted scene from Anchorman 2
Read More »