In this edition of TV Bits:
- Divorce season 2 has a trailer.
- Difficult People has been cancelled.
- The X-Files season 11 has a premiere date, and so does 9-1-1.
- Garret Dillahunt and Jenna Elfman join Fear the Walking Dead.
- You’re the Worst renewed for a final season.
- StartUp renewed by Crackle.
- Shoot the Messenger has a premiere date and trailer.
- Say goodbye to Chiller Network.
- An artist laid-of from Louis C.K.‘s animated series The Cops penned an open letter.
Read More »
When you think of quality serial entertainment, it’s likely that Crackle is pretty far down on the list of quality content creators. Sure, the Sony-owned streaming site is home to the outstanding documentary series Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee with Jerry Seinfeld (which just debuted a new season earlier this summer), but they’ve only just recently started to dip their toe in narrative storytelling.
Last fall, Crackle debuted their first drama series The Art of More, and now the service is looking to make an even bigger splash with their second foray into the drama arena with StartUp. The new series follows The Hobbit leading man Martin Freeman as an FBI agent tracking the growth of a digital currency company founded by The OC star Adam Brody, Otmara Marrero (Graceland) and Edi Gathegi (X-Men: First Class). The only problem is they were forced to start the company with dirty money, and that doesn’t sit too well with the FBI.
Watch the StartUp trailer after the jump. Read More »