Fans attending Star Wars Celebration got a sneak peak of the new season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars with showrunner Dave Filoni and the cast on hand to share details.
While the announcement of the new season took place at last year’s San Diego Comic-Con, the fans in attendance at Star Wars Celebration were the first to see clips and a trailer of the new season. In addition to the introduction, the trailer especially had the audience standing on their feet. It was so popular that it was shown twice on screen. It’s very electrifying, to say the least.
Initially, Dave Filoni was joined by cast members Ashley Eckstein, Dee Bradley Baker, and Sam Witwer to discuss the new season. Later on, other cast members came out on the stage, including Matt Lanter, Catherine Taber, Tom Kane, Matthew Wood, and James Arnold Taylor.
Read More »
Even though Solo: A Star Wars Story ended up being a disappointment at the box office, there were fans who still came away satisfied. That might have been helped by the fact that the ending of the movie featured a surprise twist that no one saw coming: the return of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace villain Darth Maul.
The end of Solo: A Star Wars Story reveals that Darth Maul is the mastermind behind the Crimson Dawn criminal organization that set the entire heist at the center of the movie into motion. The voice is provided by actor Sam Witwer, who played Darth Maul when the character returned during The Clone Wars animated series, as well as Star Wars Rebels. But it turns out the original voice actor from The Phantom Menace, Peter Serafinowicz of Shaun of the Dead and The Tick, had actually recorded dialogue for the movie as well. Unfortunately, he ended up being replaced before the final cut hit theaters. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, September 13th, 2018 by Bryan Young
Darth Maul has been in the collective conscious for 20 years. His debut was in 1998 with the release of the first trailer for Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace. That film is aging better than anyone expected, and one of the key ingredients in that mix was this enigmatic villain. From that first image of the doors on Naboo separating to reveal that demon-faced monster unveiling his double-bladed lightsaber, we’ve all been captivated by him, before we even knew his name.
Before the film came out, his face was on every bit of marketing. Every package had that distinctive red facial tattoo pattern and horns. And we still didn’t even know what his voice sounded like.
When The Phantom Menace hit theaters, he was instantly a favorite character, though some were intensely disappointed by his ending. Being chopped in half at the end of the first film of a trilogy didn’t bode well for the villains in the future of the franchise.
But Maul still endured in our hearts. And with the help of actor Sam Witwer, he has lived longer than anyone ever expected.
Read More »
When Solo: A Star Wars Story hit theaters back in May, fans thought they had anticipated most of finer points of the origin story for one of the most charming and skilled smugglers in the galaxy. Of course Han Solo was going to meet Chewbacca and Lando Calrissian, get in the pilot seat of the Millennium Falcon, make some wisecracks, get into trouble, double cross someone. It’s all standard in the life of a smuggler. But the end of the movie featured one shocking surprise that no one was expecting.
Find out about this surprising cameo after the jump, but beware of major spoilers. Read More »
Last week, I got an opportunity to chat with Rogue One: A Star Wars Story supervising sound editors Matthew Wood and Christopher Scarabosio about their work on the film. During the conversation, they revealed their secret voice cameos in the film and a bunch of auditory Rogue One Easter eggs that you probably missed, and much, much more.
Read More »
Star Wars Rebels dominates this edition of Star Wars Bits, but there’s others great stuff in here too. Below, read about the following:
- Concept art from Star Wars Rebels season 2 makes its way online.
- Star Wars Rebels executive producer Dave Filoni talks the finale’s mysteries and revelations.
- See two new toys based on the Star Wars Rebels finale.
- Fans have begun making merchandise for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Ian McDiarmid is coming to Star Wars Celebration and more revelations.
- Her Universe is offering up some cool new Star Wars merch.
- Read a theory about how the Inquisitor fits into Star Wars Rebels past and future.
- Part 3 of Dave Filoni’s interview with StarWars.com is now online.
- A Lego Star Wars Rebels short film features the TIE Advance Prototype.
- Star Wars Battlefront gameplay footage could be coming soon.
- Clone Wars voice star Sam Witwer could be returning to Rebels.
- Watch a video with five Star Wars Stand Alone films that should happen.
- Possible spoilers about Princess Leia‘s role in Star Wars: The Force Awakens are revealed.
Read More »
With books, games, audio, movies, and TV, this edition of Star Wars Bits crosses all media. Below, read about the following:
- Is Benedict Cumberbatch out of the running for Star Wars Episode VII?
- Is Episode VII coming out at the same time across the globe?
- Disney announced a new mobile game called Star Wars: Assault Team.
- Bill Hader kills some Star Wars impressions on Conan.
- Star Wars vet Sam Witwer talks potentially being part of Star Wars Rebels.
- There’s a new presentation video for the Lucas Cultural Arts Museum.
- Check out the cover to William Shakespeare’s The Empire Striketh Back.
- Lego Star Wars Microfighters is now available for iOS.
- Listen to an audio clip from Star Wars: Maul Lockdown.
Read More »