At the end of March, Disney+ and Lucasfilm revealed the primary cast for the upcoming Obi-Wan Kenobi limited series that picks up 10 years after the events of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith. But there’s one more addition that wasn’t included in that line-up. Maya Erskine, the star and co-creator of Hulu’s comedy series PEN15, has been tapped for a supporting role in the series. Read More »
Hayden Christensen is heading back to a galaxy far, far away.
At today’s Disney investor presentation, Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy announced that Christensen “will return in the role of Darth Vader” in Obi-Wan Kenobi, the prequel series which also features the return of Ewan McGregor in the titular role. He better hope the action isn’t set on Tatooine (because there’s so much sand there, you see, and that guy really hates sand). Read More »
Bruce Willis has three action movies coming out over the next few months. Next week, we can watch him team up with John Goodman for Once Upon a Time in Venice, a movie that doesn’t like as fun as its cast. A couple of weeks later, he’ll be back in theatres (or on demand) with First Kill. Willis’ latest collaboration with director Steven C. Miller, who’s currently in post-production on Escape Plan: Hades, co-stars Hayden Christensen as a man whose son (Ty Shelton) gets kidnapped. He may need help from the one and only Bruce Willis and his signature smirk.
Below, watch the First Kill trailer.
Read More »
If you woke up this morning and thought, “Hey, I wonder what Hayden Christensen has been up to lately?”, today’s your lucky day. The former Anakin Skywalker has a new movie in post-production called Numb, at the Edge of the End, and we have the first NSFW trailer for all of you Christensaniacs (that’s what you die-hard Hayden fans call yourselves, right?) to check out below.
Read More »
Even though Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith is the best of the prequel trilogy in the Star Wars saga, it’s still a far cry from measuring up to the original trilogy. One of the biggest issues with the final chapter in the story of how Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen) became Darth Vader is how the former Jedi’s relationship with his secret lover Padmé Amidala (Natalie Portman) comes to an end.
On one hand, seeing Anakin’s judgment clouded by the dark side, so much that he nearly kills her, is a powerful tragedy. But the fact that Amidala ends up essentially dying because she “lost the will to live” is a bit silly. It doesn’t help that Padmé, who was once a strong, independent leader, never willing to walk away from a fight, just cries and whines when Anakin clearly isn’t himself anymore. But in the original ending, she didn’t take Anakin’s betrayal the same way. In fact, in the Revenge of the Sith original ending, Padmé made some bold moves to stop him. Find out more below. Read More »
In this Celebration-centric edition of Star Wars Bits:
- An official video recapping the best moments of Celebration 2017.
- Hayden Christensen’s true feelings about sand.
- An announcement about the return of the Vintage Collection of toys.
- Darth Vader nearly had his own spa on Mustafar in Rogue One.
- And more!
Read More »
How did Star Wars: the Force Awakens evolve during the development process? What were some of the early ideas they were playing with that didn’t end up in the final film? The new book The Art of Star Wars: The Force Awakens gives us a peek inside the development of Episode 7, from the earliest concepts to post production.
Did you know that Starkiller Base was originally called The Doom Star? That Poe Dameron’s character began as a Jedi or Bounty Hunter? Or how about that they toyed with the idea that Anakin Skywalker would appear in the film as a Force Ghost? Learn about how The Force Awakens changed from the earliest story ideas to the movie you’ve now experienced.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, September 23rd, 2015 by Angie Han
Who’s in the mood to speculate about a totally bonkers casting rumor? After the jump:
- Telefonica announces a Star Wars pop-up channel in Spain
- What was the most best selling Force Friday toy?
- Hot Toys unveils a 1/6 scale First Order Snowtrooper figure
- One fan argues the Star Wars spinoffs avoid origin stories
- A handy chart outlines the Star Wars canon chronology
- Luke and Vader will be playable in Battlefront; get the details
- A nutty rumor says Hayden Christensen is in Episode VIII
- … and another rumor claims Darth Vader will be in Rogue One
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
This is a really good edition of Star Wars Bits. Rumors, spoilers, video clips, video games, this has it all. Below, read about the following:
- Could the Standalone be about Boba Fett‘s family?
- Episode VIII director Rian Johnson trolls Star Wars nation.
- Disney CEO Bob Iger talks Star Wars The Force Awakens trailer and broadband channel.
- Grand Moff Tarkin is coming to Star Wars Rebels this week. Watch a clip.
- Nicolas Cage enjoyed Hayden Christensen‘s work in the Star Wars prequels.
- Star Wars is coming to Madame Tussauds in London and there’s a video.
- See some awesome clothing made for the Episode VII special effects team.
- Download a ton of old school Star Wars video games via Humble Bundle.
- Multiple major spoilers about the identity, stories and fates of characters in The Force Awakens are discussed.
Read More »
Joke all you want about Hayden Christensen‘s performances in the Star Wars prequels, but the guy has some chops. Sure, those two films weren’t great, but around the same time he crushed Life as a House and Shattered Glass, two highly underrated films. Since then he hasn’t exactly stayed in the spotlight, choosing to only do movies every few years. In part because of good will generated by those two indie roles, it’s always great to see him.
His latest role is in American Heist, where Christensen plays the brother of Oscar-winner Adrien Brody. Brody plays a hardened criminal who coaxes his rehabilitated brother (Christensen) to do one more big job. It’s a familiar set up to be sure, but with co-stars Jordana Brewster and Akon, there’s a distinct Fast and Furious vibe to this one. Check out the American Heist trailer below. Read More »