Director Robert Rodriguez is known for his shoot-’em-up action movies like El Mariachi and Desperado, but now the filmmaker finds himself under fire regarding a dispute about a movie he made four years ago. One of the producers of Sin City: A Dame to Kill For has filed a suit against Rodriguez for “causing production delays that led to $20 million in cost overruns” on the visual effects-laden sequel.
Read more about the Sin City A Dame to Kill For lawsuit below. Read More »
The reasons to see Frank Miller’s Sin City: A Dame to Kill For are numerous. The incredible cast for one, which includes Jessica Alba, Powers Boothe, Josh Brolin, Rosario Dawson, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Eva Green, Dennis Haysbert, Stacy Keach, Jaime King, Ray Liotta, Jeremy Piven, Mickey Rourke and Bruce Willis. The filmmakers are another, the iconic storyteller Frank Miller and maverick Robert Rodriguez. There’s the pulpy, exciting source material. And now, we even get a Quentin Tarantino trailer to boot.
But to truly experience a film like this, one that was probably more than half made in the computer, you almost have to see it in 3D. It was specifically crafted that way. In a new featurette, exclusively debuting on /Film, you can listen to the filmmakers and stars talk about the 3D in Sin City: A Dame to Kill For. Watch the Sin City 2 3D featurette below. Read More »
Want to see some video of a car chase on the set of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice? How well is Guardians of the Galaxy doing at the box office? Who is in a new clip and poster for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For? Where can you see a new trailer for The Flash? Do you want to appear as an extra in Ant-Man? Was it a smart move to push Batman v Superman up into March? What does an X-Men Apocalypse writing session look like? Read about all this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »
UPDATE: We’ve added the new, red band Sin City: A Dame to Kill For trailer to this post, which played at the end of the panel. Full panel coverage remains.
Robert Rodriguez and Comic Con go together like Spielberg and sharks. The two are forever linked because of the memorable panels he’s had on multiple films, primarily the first Sin City. Well Rodriguez was back this year with Frank Miller’s Sin City: A Damn to Kill For and he brought along his co-director and three of the film’s stars: Josh Brolin, Rosario Dawson and Jessica Alba.
They showed a huge chunk of the beginning of the film, “Just Another Saturday Night,” and did a very interesting Q&A. Below, read a description of the opening scene and five cool things we learned at the Sin City 2 Comic Con panel. Read More »
Posted on Friday, June 20th, 2014 by Angie Han
Ben Stiller hasn’t forgotten about Zoolander 2. Also after the jump:
- Vin Diesel remembers his late Fast & Furious 7 co-star
- Guy Pearce wants to come back for Prometheus 2
- Several prominent Randians will cameo in Atlas Shrugged
- A Transformers producer says it’s early for trilogy talk
- Rosario Dawson employs her feminine wiles in a Sin City scene
- Koba gets mischievous in a Dawn of the Planet of the Apes clip
- Watch an action-packed clip from Planes: Fire & Rescue
- Laugh at the new trailer for The Inbetweeners 2
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, May 29th, 2014 by Angie Han
Lots of things to see in this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump:
- See a Transformers viral video and prepare for another trailer
- Michael Bay comments on the cool cars in Transformers 4
- 22 Jump Street gets another clip and another featurette
- Check out the trailer for Steve Coogan‘s The Trip to Italy
- Another Trailer Park Boys movie opens in the U.S. this fall
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Robert Rodriguez talk Sin City 2
- Here’s the Sin City 2 poster that was too hot for the MPAA
- Here’s the Dolphin Tale 2 poster that was just fine with the MPAA
Read More »
In this edition of Sequel Bits, comments from Jerry Bruckheimer address the stalled Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales and the possibly less-stalled Beverly Hills Cop 4. In addition, we’ve got the following after the break:
- Mara Wilson talks about Mrs. Doubtfire 2,
- Sin City: A Dame to Kill For seems to be using Frank Miller’s comics as storyboards,
- There’s a poster for Leprechaun: Origins,
- And a trailer for Dolphin Tale 2.
Read More »
Three major films have some not so major updates: two sets of casting rumors and a small title change. After the jump, read about the following:
- A few names, including Emilia Clarke and Garrett Hedlund have been mentioned to possibly be up for Sarah and John Connor in Terminator 5.
- Here we go again. Jonah Hill and Emma Stone‘s names have been mentioned again regarding Ghostbusters 3.
- Sin City: A Dame To Kill For has reportedly been renamed Sin City: A Dame to Die For.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Monday, March 11th, 2013 by Angie Han
Who exactly is G.I. Joe: Retaliation‘s Cobra Commander? Find out after the jump. Also:
- Expect the cast to return for Oz The Great and Powerful 2
- Josh Duhamel will make a cameo in Transformers 4
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt talks Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
- Don’t hold your breath for a Simpsons Movie sequel
- A Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance stuntman is suing Sony
- V/H/S 2 gets a release date and some new images
- See images and video from the Star Trek scoring studio
- Just what is in that new Star Trek Into Darkness teaser?
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, February 5th, 2013 by Angie Han
Although Sin City: A Dame to Kill For has been shooting for some time now, the nature of the production means that not all of the actors have to be on set at the same time. Directors Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller have been taking advantage of that by roping in their stars when they can, so even now we’re getting some major casting announcements. The new addition this week is Stacy Keach, who’ll play a major villain called Wallenquist. Hit the jump to keep reading.
Read More »