Trailers are an under-appreciated art form insofar that many times they’re seen as vehicles for showing footage, explaining films away, or showing their hand about what moviegoers can expect. Foreign, domestic, independent, big budget: What better way to hone your skills as a thoughtful moviegoer than by deconstructing these little pieces of advertising?
This week we give birth as a man, see what kind of controversy Chris Lilley is bound to create with his latest, get creative with some art on top of a lake, find deliciousness on a street corner, and check back in with a head case. Read More »
In this edition of TV Bits:
- Walking Dead cast member Chandler Riggs joins A Million Little Things.
- Netflix has renewed both F is for Family and Fuller House.
- Kristin Scott Thomas and Fiona Shaw join Fleabag season 2.
- The final season of Homeland has been pushed to fall.
- Rosanna Arquette joins Ryan Murphy’s Ratched.
- The Walking Dead has been renewed again, because of course it has.
- Archer season 10 premieres in April.
- Bewitched reboot might not happen.
- Freeform picks up Party of Five reboot.
- Pieces of Her series headed to Netflix.
- Modern Family will finally come to an end in 2020.
- Mom has been renewed for seasons 7 and 8.
Read More »
The conversation about streaming television often seems to begin and end with Netflix, which is a bit of a shame. While they may be the biggest player in the game (and have the library of original programming to match), the competition is nothing to scoff at. Take at look Amazon, who have just dropped a new trailer for Transparent season three and a trio of new shows: the law drama Goliath, Tig Notaro‘s One Mississippi, and the dark comedy Fleabag. If you’re steaming world begins and ends with one destination, you’re missing out.
Read More »