Posted on Friday, October 21st, 2011 by Angie Han
Good things are happening to good people in today’s TV Bits, which sees new sitcoms in the works for Conan O’Brien, Judy Greer, and Mandy Moore, among others. After the jump:
- TBS orders a sitcom from Conan O’Brien
- ABC develops new projects with Judy Greer, Mandy Moore, and Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry
- The CW buys a thriller from Easy A scribe Bert V Royal
- CBS yanks the already-cancelled How to Be a Gentleman from its Saturday lineup
- Watch the first 9 minutes of ABC’s Once Upon a Time
Read More »
According to Variety, Emma Stone is currently negotiating her first lead role. Easy A has been scripted by Bert V. Royal, shooting-star playwright, and will be directed by Will Gluck, previously responsible for Fired Up. Mini-reviews of that one would be appreciated in the comments, just to provide some kind of indicators of potential success or failure.
I like Stone a great deal. There were some scenes in House Bunny that featured little more than Anna Faris and Emma Stone talking to one another and those were easily the best bits, with some seriously strong comedy chops on display from both parties. Stone has also been strong in her other turns, from the good-o of Superbad to the semi-crock of The Rocker, and though the character she’s been landed with for The Ghosts of Girlfriends Past seems a bit broad, I trust Mark Waters and Stone enough to feel some guarded optimism for the finished film. Sadly, though, the premise of Easy A seems a little underwhelming.
Read More »