Posted on Monday, January 23rd, 2017 by Jacob Hall
In this edition of Sequel Bits:
- Bad Boys 3 may in trouble after some drama at Sony.
- Bryce Dallas Howard talks about preparing for Jurassic World 2.
- The Goosebumps sequel has a release date.
- Tremors 6 is set to begin filming next week.
- Reese Witherspoon would be down for a third Legally Blonde movie.
- Jeepers Creepers 3 is set to resume production after a long delay.
- Richard Armitage has joined the cast of Ocean’s Eight.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, July 8th, 2014 by Angie Han
Just because J.K. Rowling returned to Harry Potter doesn’t mean Daniel Radcliffe has any plans to. Also after the jump:
- Olivia Munn and Ken Jeong will tag along for Ride Along 2
- Pirates 5 will go light on the monsters, says Jerry Bruckheimer
- Bad Boys III will have a screenplay in the next few months
- Yes, National Treasure 3 is still in active development
- Jurassic World gets bloody in an intriguing new set photo
- See a new batch of high-res stills from The Purge: Anarchy
- Check out the first stills from SLC Punk 2: Punk’s Dead
- Director Elizabeth Banks teases the plot of Pitch Perfect 2
- Sharknado 2: The Second One releases a ridiculous trailer
Read More »
Everyone complains how sequel dependent Hollywood is, but there are always a few everyone wants to see. Star Wars is one, Avengers is another and, believe it or not, Bad Boys 3 is one. Michael Bay’s Bad Boys and Bad Boys II are frequent topics of conversation among film fans; many people would line up for a sequel. That long-in-developement sequel is still coming, says producer Jerry Bruckheimer, but it is the victim of unfortunate timing.
Bruckheimer also offered an update on National Treasure 3 while Disney offered an update on his potential film Pirates of the Caribbean 5. Read about all of this below. Read More »
People under the age of 25 might be too young to remember what the names “Simpson/Bruckheimer” meant when appearing in front of a movie. With films like Top Gun, Beverly Hills Cop, Days of Thunder, Bad Boys, The Rock, odds were if Jerry Bruckheimer and the late Don Simpson produced a movie in the Eighties or Nineties, it was awesome. After Simpson’s passing in 1996, Bruckheimer did his best to carry on the legacy. In recent years, he has faltered.
With one of Bruckheimer’s biggest films now delayed, the producer is turning his attention back to another franchise he helped create. Variety reports despite not having anything to do with Beverly Hills Cop III or the failed TV pilot, Bruckheimer is in talks to produce Beverly Hills Cop IV. He’s also still working on Top Gun 2 and developing Bad Boys 3, among other things. Read More »
Bad Boys was a breakout hit for Will Smith, Martin Lawrence and director Michael Bay, and the sequel Bad Boys II was so deliberately outrageous that it was almost a total parody of the very idea of an action movie. After the excess of the second film, a third chapter seems not only superfluous, but highly unlikely. How do you follow that?
But perhaps it isn’t so unlikely. We’ve known for a while that Columbia Pictures had Peter Craig writing a script. Michael Bay has indicated that he’s willing to return, should the issue of money be figured out — he and Will Smith cost a lot these days. Now Martin Lawrence (who doesn’t command such a high price of late) is saying that Bad Boys III is definitely happening. Read More »
Remember the scene in Michael Bay‘s Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen where Sam is drawing symbols all over the walls of his dorm room? Yeah, we’ve tried to forget about it too. What you might not have noticed is that Sam writes the number 3 on a poster for the other Michael Bay sequel, Bad Boys II. Now we’ve learned that the studio is moving forward with development on a third film, but will the original crew return for one more adventure?
Read More »