The on-again/off-again Bad Boys 3 is back on again, as Sony just gave the greenlight to the Will Smith/Martin Lawrence sequel. The plan now is to release the film, titled Bad Boys for Life, in 2020. Smith has officially signed on, while Lawrence is still hammering out details of his deal. We’ve been here before, but for now, let’s all assume Bad Boys 3 is on track, shall we?
‘Bad Boys 3’ Adds ‘Spring Breakers’ and ‘Enter the Void’ Cinematographer – Check Out Some of His Past Work
Posted on Thursday, May 31st, 2018 by Chris Evangelista
Bad Boys 3, tentatively titled Bad Boys For Life, is ready to ride or die, and the film just landed a very impressive cinematographer. Benoit Debie, who has shot such stylish films as Spring Breakers and Enter the Void, will serve as director of photography. This doesn’t mean Bad Boys 3 will be a good movie, but it’ll certainly look amazing.
Posted on Thursday, May 10th, 2018 by Hoai-Tran Bui
Whatcha gonna do when Bad Boys for Life comes for you? It depends on what you’re doing in 2020.
The third Bad Boys movie, starring Will Smith and Martin Lawrence reprising their roles as the hotheaded Miami detectives, is one of the new Sony release dates that have been added to the studio’s slate. The other film is another star-studded vehicle, You Are My Friend, the Mr. Rogers movie starring Tom Hanks.
Posted on Wednesday, August 23rd, 2017 by Ethan Anderton
Bad Boys franchise fans eagerly awaiting the reunion of Will Smith and Martin Lawrence for Bad Boys 3, aka Bad Boys for Life, recently had some bad news delivered to them. The sequel was set for release by Sony Pictures on November 9, 2018, but the studio pulled it from the calendar completely while shuffling their release schedule around for the next couple years.
Pulling Bad Boys 3 from the calendar left us little hope that we’d ever see this sequel get made, especially since it had already been pushed back several times before. Unfortunately, our suspicions have been confirmed because now Martin Lawrence is casting doubt on whether the project will get made at all. Read More »
Sony Pictures Sets ‘Spider-Man’ Spin-Off ‘Silver and Black’ for 2019, Pulls ‘Bad Boys 3’ from Calendar
Posted on Saturday, August 12th, 2017 by Ethan Anderton
Sony Pictures is setting and shuffling a handful of release dates for upcoming movies in 2018 and 2019.
Sony and their Columbia Pictures banner have set a release date for their second Spider-Man spin-off Silver and Black, as well as the sequel to the hit drug trafficking thriller Sicario. Meanwhile,the release dates for Barbie and Bad Boys 3 have been shuffled around along with a few more projects in the coming years. Get the Silver and Black release date and more information below. Read More »
Sequel Bits: ‘Mission: Impossible 6’, ‘Transformers,’ ‘Bad Boys 3,’ ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ and More
Posted on Friday, June 23rd, 2017 by Ben Pearson
In this edition of Sequel Bits:
- Writer/director Chris McQuarrie shares a photo of the kick-ass female cast of Mission: Impossible 6
- Michael Bay says he’s really done with the Transformers franchise this time
- Get another look at Colin Firth in Kingsman: The Golden Circle
- Director Jorge R. Gutierrez will make The Book of Life 2
- And more!
Posted on Wednesday, March 8th, 2017 by Jacob Hall
We should have known something was up when director Joe Carnahan announced that he was working on an American remake of the Indonesian action classic The Raid. Wasn’t he supposed to be directing the third Bad Boys movie, otherwise known as Bad Boys For Life? Was he going to make them back-to-back? Well, now we know: Carnahan has officially dropped out of Bad Boys For Life and the exact reasons aren’t exactly clear.
Posted on Monday, February 27th, 2017 by Jacob Hall
In this edition of Sequel Bits:
- Naomie Harris feels pretty confident about Daniel Craig returning as James Bond.
- Will Ferrell says Step Brothers 2 will never happen.
- Joe Carnahan will make The Raid before Bad Boys For Life.
- Could Avatar 2 actually start shooting this year?
- Angelina Jolie is apparently considering Maleficent 2.
- John Boyega looks pretty cool in a new Pacific Rim: Uprising image.
- Is Fantastic Four 2 ever going to happen?
- Bruce Dallas Howard shares a photo from the set of Jurassic World 2.
Posted on Wednesday, February 15th, 2017 by Angie Han
The Raid came out of seemingly nowhere to become a surprise hit in 2011, which meant it wasn’t long before Hollywood came knocking with plans for an English-language remake. Over the years, that intended project has suffered some stops and starts, flirting with different combinations of stars and directors, and seemed to run out of steam around 2015.
But a really buzzy remake idea never really goes away. It just lies in wait until the right people come along. And those people, apparently, are director Joe Carnahan and star Frank Grillo. The two have slyly announced a “reimagining” of Gareth Evans‘ instant action classic, apparently set in Caracas, Venezuela. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, February 7th, 2017 by Jacob Hall
The game of release dates can be a tricky thing. On one level, the studios love to lay out their slates for the next five years in advance, promising an impressive line-up of titles to make sure everyone knows that they’re keeping busy. But on another level, this can sometimes backfire – if a movie needs a little more time to marinate in the development process or if something simply doesn’t come together at the right time, the ensuing schedule changes can be a bad look. It’s not a sign that things are necessarily going wrong, but it does get everyone to wonder what’s going on.
So now we have to wonder what’s going on with Joe Carnahan‘s Bad Boys For Life, the third entry in the Bad Boys series, which has been delayed ten months while the also-in-the-works Bad Boys 4 has apparently fallen off the schedule altogether.