By the time Sigourney Weaver’s Ellen Ripley wakes up at the beginning of James Cameron’s Aliens, she’s been in cryo-sleep for 57 years. A lot can happen in nearly six decades, and the franchise has begun to explore that era in the form of video games. 2014’s Alien: Isolation was a popular survival horror game that featured Ripley’s daughter Amanda, and as previously teased, that character is returning in a new game called Alien: Blackout – and the first trailer is here.
The bad news? Whereas the well-reviewed Isolation was a console game, Blackout will be available on mobile devices. So get ready to look foolish screaming on the subway during a jump-scare, because a Xenomorph is going to be crawling around on your phone. Read More »
Posted on Friday, September 26th, 2014 by Angie Han
We present to you some sequel-related odds and ends to take you into the weekend. After the jump:
- Liam Neeson and John Slattery will also be in Ted 2
- Check out the first Dumb and Dumber To TV spot
- Watch the new extended Alien: Isolation TV spot
- Lindsay Lohan has an idea for a Mean Girls sequel
- George Takei is not “lobbying” for a Star Trek 3 role
- Ryan Hansen talks about his Veronica Mars spinoff
- Peter Cullen wants Michael Bay for Transformers 5
- Denzel Washington isn’t confirmed for Equalizer 2
- Jeremy Renner is excited for M:I5 and more Bourne
Read More »
Sigourney Weaver is playing Ripley again — or, more precisely, she’s remaking her first turn as Ripley. The cast members from Ridley Scott’s Alien (minus Ian Holm and John Hurt) are reprising their roles for a downloadable content (DLC) expansion for the forthcoming game Alien: Isolation. So we’ll hear Weaver, Tom Skerritt, Yaphet Kotto, Harry Dean Stanton and Veronica Cartwright once again doing the roles that made them icons for a generation of sci-fi and horror fans.
The expansion will allow players to take control of Weaver’s character Ellen Ripley, and also Captain Dallas, and Parker as they attempt to survive the incursion of the original xenomorph aboard the cargo ship Nostromo. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, June 11th, 2014 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits involves the sea floor-dwelling creatures of Bikini Bottom, the high-flying dragon riders of Berk, and everyone in between. After the jump:
- Is China getting sick of effects-heavy Hollywood sequels?
- Rumor has it Jurassic World will feature pterodactyl riders
- Insurgent casts a couple more Dauntless characters
- Paul Walker‘s brother may be in future Fast movies
- Ernie Hudson says Ghostbusters 3 will shoot soon
- Brittany Snow tweets from the set of Pitch Perfect 2
- Get ready for lots and lots of Sharknado tie-in merchandise
- SpongeBob has a Coppertone moment in a new poster
- Watch the trailer for the video game Alien: Isolation
- See a How to Train Your Dragon 2 featurette about the score
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, March 18th, 2014 by Angie Han
In case you were wondering, yes, Hiccup and Toothless are as cute as ever. A new batch of adorable How to Train Your Dragon 2 images is proof of that. Also after the jump:
- Watch a behind-the-scenes video for Alien: Isolation
- Legendary is “open” to a Pacific Rim sequel
- Universal schedules Ride Along for January 2016
- Here’s how The Raid 3 connects to The Raid 2
- Could HBO’s Girls make the leap to the big screen?
- Is Matthew McConaughey avoiding Magic Mike 2?
- Mike Bassett: England Manager is getting sequelized.
- There’s a Silence of the Lambs spinoff coming, sorta-kinda.
Read More »
We don’t cover a lot of games here, but when one cuts back to the heart of one of our favorite movies, it’s difficult to resist. Almost all of the games derived from the Alien series of films have been action-oriented, but the upcoming Alien: Isolation, for PC, Xbox One and PS4, is (finally!) a survival-horror take on the storyline. Developed over the past three years by Creative Assembly, this looks very much like a deliberate attempt to fix many of the shortcomings of previous games.
Upping the ante, this one is more directly related to Alien and Aliens than many of the prior games, as it features the daughter of Ellen Ripley as the main playable character. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, December 12th, 2013 by Angie Han
How often do you get to jump from Hotel Transylvania 2 to The Human Centipede 3 (Final Sequence) in just a few lines? After the jump:
- The Inbetweeners Movie 2 adds a Pitch Perfect star
- Peter Berg wants to do The Rundown 2 with Dwayne Johnson
- Frank Miller‘s Xerxes won’t arrive in time for the 300 premiere
- Read the updated synopsis for 22 Jump Street
- Watch a new set video from Transformers: Age of Extinction
- Hotel Transylvania 2 gets some promotional art
- And so does The Human Centipede 3 (Final Sequence)
- Leaked art from the new Alien game teases Ripley’s kid, maybe
Read More »