Posted on Friday, June 27th, 2014 by Angie Han
Sorry, Breaking Bad fans: Aaron Paul says he won’t appear in Better Call Saul after all. Also after the jump:
- The next Beverly Hills Cop will head to Michigan
- Mission: Impossible 5 might film in the Houses of Parliament
- Benjamin Bratt hops on for Ride Along 2
- Pitch Perfect 2 adds Birgitte Hjort Sørensen
- A top GM designer has a cameo in Transformers 4
- Mark Wahlberg promises Ted is as lovably awful as ever
- Stanley Tucci is glad Mockingjay was split in two
- David Duchovny wants more X-Files movies
- Watch another Dawn of the Planet of the Apes clip
Read More »
That image above is the first teaser art for The Raid 2: Berandal. The film is in production now, with Iko Uwais returning in a lead role, and Gareth Evans directing once more. Expect more action and violence in the vein of the first, but on a bigger scale. Thanks to Twitch. After the break, you’ll find:
- More talk of a third X-Files film.
- Christoph Waltz won’t be in Horrible Bosses 2.
- What’s up with a third Bridget Jones film, now that the new book is out?
- Mark Wahlberg blames the Entourage delay on greed.
- See a Fast & Furious 7 stunt setup photo
- Thor 2 is tracking well.
- Paul Greengrass comments on the chance of Matt Damon being Bourne again.
Read More »
There’s a good bit of “maybe, eventually” sequel news today; I’ll let readers decide whether the best story is Hayao Miyazaki saying that a Nausicaa sequel directed by Hideaki Anno (Neon Genesis Evangelion) would be OK by him, or whether the top spot goes to Chris Carter saying that he still wants to make a third X-Files film, and that he’d like Simon Pegg to appear in it, too.
In addition to those items, after the break you’ll find:
- A few details on The Raid 2: Berandal,
- Joy Ride 3 gets (an actor who played) Jason Voorhees,
- A Haunted House 2 traps Jaime Pressly,
- and new Insidious: Chapter 2 images.
Read More »
One of the best-known phrases related to The X-Files is “I want to believe.” Four simple words with multiple layers of meaning for a show that dazzled viewers for years, but eventually left some unfulfilled. Two movies added to that excitement and frustration, and yet the legacy has never quite soured. Fans have always believed. In fact, co-star David Duchovny still wants to believe himself.
Recently appearing on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Duchovny expressed a desire to play Fox Mulder again, encouraging fans to write to 20th Century Fox and get a third film made. Watch the video below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Clearly some of the biggest movie talk today involves theories on just what the Star Trek Into Darkness teaser trailer means. More specifically, what character does Benedict Cumberbatch play? Is he a version of the famous baddie Khan? A take on the classic TV enemy Gary Mitchell? Or someone else altogether?
That image above is one of several pieces of “evidence” that Cumberbatch might be Khan, but it is by no means conclusive. In addition to that, after the break we’ve got:
- The Russian title and poster for Star Trek Into Darkness, which could spur minor discussion,
- Jonathan Frakes hopes in vain for Next Generation characters to show up in an Abrams film,
- Andy Serkis talks a bit about Dawn of the Planet of the Apes,
- and The X-Files 3 just isn’t going anywhere right now.
Read More »