In this edition of Sequel Bits:
- Daniel Craig is rumored to want Blade Runner 2049 director Denis Villeneuve to direct James Bond 25
- Escape Plan 3: Devil’s Station adds a new cast member
- The Equalizer 2‘s release date has been bumped up
- Casting has begun on Blumhouse’s The Purge: The Island prequel
- WB’s Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them sequel recruits an evil henchman
- And more!
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, September 7th, 2017 by Jacob Hall
Last year’s The Purge: Election Year didn’t exactly close the door on the popular horror series, but it did conclude with things looking up for the nightmarish near-future America where all crime is legalized for one night each year. If it was the final film, it would have been a satisfying ending. But the Purge movies are cheap to make and they gross a lot of money, so a fourth film was inevitable. And the series is going back to where it all began.
So, how exactly does an evil government get away with actually kickstarting a special holiday where people are encouraged to go out and murder each other? The Purge: The Island will be a prequel and it will address that question directly.
Read More »