Roger Ailes, the man responsible for turning Fox News into a media empire, died in 2017, and Hollywood wasted no time developing takes on his scandal-laden downfall. Annapurna Pictures recently parted ways with a star-studded movie on the subject, but today, Showtime’s Roger Ailes TV show cast just grew by four members.
Sienna Miller (Layer Cake, Lost City of Z), Seth MacFarlane (Family Guy, The Orville), Simon McBurney (Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy), and Annabelle Wallis (The Mummy, The Conjuring) have come on board, joining the previously-announced Russell Crowe, who is playing the role of Ailes, and Naomi Watts, who is playing anchor Gretchen Carlson. Find out who each of these actors will play in the upcoming series below. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, September 17th, 2015 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- Voice actor Mark Ryan debunks a recent Transformers 5 rumor
- Denis Villeneuve addresses Blade Runner‘s biggest mystery
- Fantastic Beasts‘ Eddie Redmayne doesn’t want to “let everybody down”
- The horror in Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials almost got it rated R
- Bryan Cranston and Frankie Muniz want a Malcolm in the Middle reunion
- Robocop 2 might still happen someday, eventually, maybe
- The Conjuring 2 and Ouija 2 add to their cast lists
- Straight Outta Compton‘s Aldis Hodge signs up for Jack Reacher 2
- Frank Marshall shares a photo from the set of Bourne 5
Read More »
Posted on Friday, March 27th, 2015 by Angie Han
J.K. Rowling is coming to HBO. The network has debuted the new trailer for The Casual Vacancy, a three-part miniseries based on Rowling’s first post-Harry Potter novel.
Rory Kinnear plays Barry Fairbrother, a parish councillor in the English suburb of Pagford. His unexpected death throws the seemingly idyllic town into turmoil, as various factions compete to replace him in the government. Michael Gambon plays council leader Howard Mollison. Watch The Casual Vacancy trailer after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, October 3rd, 2014 by Angie Han
This Sequel Bits is brought to you by the number 3. After the jump:
- Yes, Ron Perlman still wants a Hellboy 3
- Jennifer Hudson teases Sex and the City 3
- Keegan-Michael Key will go on Vacation
- Simon McBurney chooses to accept M:I5
- Jeremy Renner is cool with Jason Bourne
- Star Trek 3 is headed to Seoul, South Korea
- More Hunger Games Mockingjay pics revealed
- Check out the new poster for (sigh) Tak3n
Read More »
Update: Hitfix has confirmed this news. Read more below.
Joss Whedon has apparently decided he can’t fool audiences twice. While he neglected to even mention Don Cheadle‘s War Machine character in The Avengers, the character had a much expanded role in Iron Man 3. That means it’s now believed Cheadle’s Col. James ‘Rhodey’ Rhodes, also known as War Machine and Iron Patriot, will play a role in Whedon’s 2015 sequel Avengers: Age of Ultron.
Below, read what purpose he could potentially serve, as well as a rumored role in the film for actor Simon McBurney. Read More »
The last few years have seen a great career upswing for Woody Allen, as his film Midnight in Paris helped re-ignite broad audience interest in his movies, and became his greatest commercial success. Blue Jasmine, starring Cate Blanchett, had a good run earlier this year, and now Allen is finishing his next film.
The new movie takes place in southern France and spans a couple of decades, roughly through the ’20s and ’30s. It stars Eileen Atkins, Colin Firth, Marcia Gay Harden, Hamish Linklater, Simon McBurney, Emma Stone, and Jacki Weaver. Now the title has been revealed to be Magic in the Moonlight (cringe) and the first production stills have also been unveiled. That’s one, above, and there’s a good shot of Firth below. Read More »