Just a few weeks ago, a new trailer for Ride Along 2 showed Ice Cube and Kevin Hart embarking on another case in Miami. But that wasn’t enough for Universal, because they released a new trailer with the must-see Creed over the Thanksgiving weekend. This one has more Ken Jeong, lamb burgers, and an alligator. That sounds wacky, right?
Watch the new Ride Along 2 trailer after the jump. Read More »
If you thought that Kevin Hart already proved that he was worthy of the love of Ice Cube‘s sister (Tika Sumpter) in Ride Along, think again. Just because Ben Barber (Hart) gained a little common ground with man of the law James Payton (Cube) doesn’t mean the latter is ready to become brothers-in-law, whether it’s through marriage or at the police station.
But when a drug trafficking problem requires some serious attention in Miami, for some reason Ben is allowed to tag along with James, making for his own tropical training day to prove his worth as a viable husband and police officer. Like most comedy sequels, it’s basically the same formula repeated again with slightly different jokes, and this new Ride Along 2 trailer doesn’t do anything to make us think otherwise. Read More »
In today’s edition of Sequel bits we take a look at:
- Brad Bird teases the origins of The Incredibles 2 story.
- Director Denis Villeneuve talks about why he is taking on Blade Runner 2.
- Screenwriter Max Landis pitches his idea for Man of Steel 2.
- Shaun the Sheep 2 in development.
- Lara Pulver joins Underworld 5.
- Eli Roth has an idea for Hostel: Part IV.
- Two new attraction posters for Jurassic World.
- A new tv trailer for Ride Along 2.
All this and more. Hit the jump to get started.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, August 13th, 2015 by Angie Han
This weekend’s Straight Outta Compton takes us back to Ice Cube‘s roots as a gangsta rap pioneer. This week’s Ride Along 2 trailer brings us back to his present as an actor (among other things) who’s really good at playing cranky cops.
The action-comedy sequel reunites Ice Cube’s James with Kevin Hart‘s Ben, who is now a full-fledged cop. The two stumble onto a big case that takes them to Miami, where Ben proceeds to screw things up as usual. Director Tim Story and co-star Tika Sumpter return, Ken Jeong, Olivia Munn, Benjamin Bratt, and Sherri Shepherd tag along for the ride. Watch the Ride Along 2 trailer after the jump. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Annabeth Gish has joined the cast of the X-Files event series to reprise her role from the original series run. Fox announced that Gish will return as FBI Agent Monica Reyes, appearing alongside Gillian Anderson as Dana Scully and David Duchovny as Fox Mulder. The new six-episode series premieres on Sunday, January 24, and we may have to wait that long to see how Gish factors in.
Along with that news, this edition of Sequel Bits contains the following stories:
- Winona Ryder talks Beetlejuice 2,
- A trailer announces the home video release of The Toy Story That Time Forgot,
- The new Ice Age movie gets a new date and title,
- James Wan will produce the new Mortal Kombat film,
- Maybe you’ve heard about a Harry Potter TV series? It’s not a thing.
- William Sadler would like a Bill and Ted 3 part, please.
- There’s a poster for Ride Along 2…
- …and one for Kung Fu Panda 3,
- And Pirates of the Caribbean 5 wraps principal photography.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, July 30th, 2015 by Angie Han
We’ve got more sequel bits than you can shake a stick at. After the jump:
- Syfy’s Lavalantula sequel gets a brilliantly bad title
- Kung Pow 2 is happening, says director Steve Oedekerk
- The Transporter Refueled drives into IMAX theaters this fall
- Ride Along 2 gets a PG-13 rating from the MPAA
- Neighbors 2 and Sinister 2 get release date changes
- Simon Pegg has an issue with the Mission: Impossible marketing
- Tom Cruise is adamant Top Gun 2 won’t be filled with CG jets
- Chris McQuarrie explains why he’s not doing Jack Reacher 2
- Josh Gad gives a (jokey) tease about the Frozen 2 plot
- Charlie Hunnam hopes Pacific Rim 2 is more character-driven
- Idris Elba will be “interesting” and “complex” in Star Trek 3
- Hotel Transylvania 2 unveils a new travel promo
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, July 29th, 2014 by Angie Han
You want more of the kaiju world? You got it. Guillermo del Toro promises we’ll see more of that in Pacific Rim 2, though not necessarily in the way you think. Also after the jump:
- Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist is getting a sequel
- Ted 2 has started shooting; see some set photos
- Sherri Shepherd climbs aboard Ride Along 2
- Zachary Quinto says Roberto Orci will direct Star Trek 3
- Chris Pratt is so pumped for you to see Jurassic World
- Wesley Snipes wants to hunt Twilight vamps in Blade IV
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, July 8th, 2014 by Angie Han
Just because J.K. Rowling returned to Harry Potter doesn’t mean Daniel Radcliffe has any plans to. Also after the jump:
- Olivia Munn and Ken Jeong will tag along for Ride Along 2
- Pirates 5 will go light on the monsters, says Jerry Bruckheimer
- Bad Boys III will have a screenplay in the next few months
- Yes, National Treasure 3 is still in active development
- Jurassic World gets bloody in an intriguing new set photo
- See a new batch of high-res stills from The Purge: Anarchy
- Check out the first stills from SLC Punk 2: Punk’s Dead
- Director Elizabeth Banks teases the plot of Pitch Perfect 2
- Sharknado 2: The Second One releases a ridiculous trailer
Read More »
Posted on Friday, June 27th, 2014 by Angie Han
Sorry, Breaking Bad fans: Aaron Paul says he won’t appear in Better Call Saul after all. Also after the jump:
- The next Beverly Hills Cop will head to Michigan
- Mission: Impossible 5 might film in the Houses of Parliament
- Benjamin Bratt hops on for Ride Along 2
- Pitch Perfect 2 adds Birgitte Hjort Sørensen
- A top GM designer has a cameo in Transformers 4
- Mark Wahlberg promises Ted is as lovably awful as ever
- Stanley Tucci is glad Mockingjay was split in two
- David Duchovny wants more X-Files movies
- Watch another Dawn of the Planet of the Apes clip
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, March 18th, 2014 by Angie Han
In case you were wondering, yes, Hiccup and Toothless are as cute as ever. A new batch of adorable How to Train Your Dragon 2 images is proof of that. Also after the jump:
- Watch a behind-the-scenes video for Alien: Isolation
- Legendary is “open” to a Pacific Rim sequel
- Universal schedules Ride Along for January 2016
- Here’s how The Raid 3 connects to The Raid 2
- Could HBO’s Girls make the leap to the big screen?
- Is Matthew McConaughey avoiding Magic Mike 2?
- Mike Bassett: England Manager is getting sequelized.
- There’s a Silence of the Lambs spinoff coming, sorta-kinda.
Read More »