The Morning Watch is a recurring feature that highlights a handful of noteworthy videos from around the web. They could be video essays, fanmade productions, featurettes, short films, hilarious sketches, or just anything that has to do with our favorite movies and TV shows.
In this edition, a video essay explores how The Mandalorian uses fan service references on the planet Tatooine in a more effective way than in previous Star Wars projects. Plus, Aaron Sorkin breaks down his career, including A Few Good Men and The Social Network, and Moonbase 8 stars John C. Reilly and Tim Heidecker answer the web’s most searched questions about them. Read More »
Showtime’s upcoming comedy Moonbase 8 will drop its premiere episode online for free on November 8, so if you’re curious about the show but don’t have Showtime, here’s your chance! On top of that, Showtime is going to make the entire first season available on-demand at once, so if you are a Showtime subscriber you’ll be able to binge through this bad boy.
Read More »
A24 and Showtime are teaming up for a new comedy series called Moonbase 8, which stars three hilarious actors: John C. Reilly (Step Brothers), Fred Armisen (Saturday Night Live), and Tim Heidecker (Tom Goes to the Mayor). Now the first teaser trailer has arrived, and it hints at what happens when a space training mission goes horribly, horribly wrong.
Read More »
Space Force arrived on Netflix earlier this year and faded away just as quickly. The reunion of NBC’s The Office creator Greg Daniels and star Steve Carell just didn’t have the magic to deliver a memorable series. But we’ll get another chance at some outer space hilarity later this year thanks to Showtime’s recent acquisition of A24’s comedy series Moonbase 8 starring Fred Armisen (Portlandia), Tim Heidecker (Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!) and John C. Reilly (Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story). Read More »
In this edition of TV bits:
- A trailer for Netflix’s true crime documentaries
- Fox might cancel Lethal Weapon because of the behavior of the show’s star
- A new Cobra Kai trailer
- Friday Night Lights is now on Hulu
- A Lost in Space featurette focuses on the show’s robot
- Sense8 sets a date for its finale
- A24 will finance the series Moonbase 8, wfrom Fred Armisen, Tim Heidecker, Jonathan Krisel and John C. Reilly
- Allison Janney and Jim Gaffigan join Troupe Zero
- Kim Possible live-action movie casts its leads
- The Path has been cancelled
- A trailer for the new season of Animal Kingdom
Read More »