Chuck Lorre, best known for creating Two and a Half Men and co-creating The Big Bang Theory, is taking on slightly different material than we’d typically expect of him. The TV mogul is behind a new adaptation of Tom Wolfe‘s The Bonfire of the Vanities. Almost 26 years ago, Brian De Palma directed Tom Hanks and Bruce Willis in a disastrous adaptation of Wolfe’s novel. Wolfe’s story isn’t returning to the big screen, but you may be able to stream it one day.
Below, learn more about The Bonfire of the Vanities TV series.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, October 23rd, 2012 by Angie Han
Today’s TV Bits centers mostly around renewals, pickups, and projects in development, though there’s an interesting holiday-appropriate video in here for you as well. After the jump:
- Showtime renews Homeland for a third season
- CBS’ Elementary and Vegas get full-season orders
- CW wants more Arrow, Beauty & the Beast, and Emily Owens
- Jimmy Fallon’s Guys With Kids gets five more scripts
- Big Bang Theory writer is developing Smells Like Teen Spirit
- Fox’s New Girl and Raising Hope get two more episodes
- ABC commits to bar-set Mixology, from Hangover scribes
- Jane Fonda books a starring sitcom gig on ABC’s Now What?
- Boardwalk Empire writer sells Jane Austen and West Memphis Three dramas
- Fox is working on non-superpowered superhero comedy The B Team
- Jennifer Garner returns to TV as an executive producer
- Watch a new clip from NBC’s Mockingbird Lane
Read More »