Posted on Thursday, December 31st, 2015 by Angie Han
Tl;dr: Every movie franchise you ever loved is coming back, and so are some you never really cared for in the first place. After the jump:
- Edgar Ramirez thinks there will be more Point Breaks.
- Yes, another Indiana Jones movie is coming. Eventually.
- Quentin Tarantino makes more noises about a Kill Bill 3.
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 unveils a new poster.
- Will The Conjuring 2 reference The Amityville Horror?
- A new Fantastic Beasts image is all about the No-Maj.
- Plus, new photos from Inferno and Kung Fu Panda 3.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, July 17th, 2015 by Angie Han
We’ve got a lot of ground to cover today, so let’s get right to it. After the jump:
- Arnie is optimistic about Shane Black‘s Predator sequel.
- Terminator 5 scribes talk James Cameron, time travel, and deleted scenes.
- Samuel L. Jackson is totally up for another Unbreakable movie.
- Quentin Tarantino wants to make a third Kill Bill someday.
- The M:I5 plane stunt was inspired in part by Uncharted.
- Pacific Rim 2 could help get Hellboy 3 made… if it’s a hit.
- Sinister 2 distributes a series of creepy “collector’s cards.”
- Patrick Wilson shares a photo from the Conjuring 2 set.
- Milla Jovovich gets to work on Resident Evil: The Final Chapter.
- Donate to charity for a chance to win a role in Star Trek Beyond.
- LeBron James (jokingly) pitches an idea for Trainwreck 2.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, December 19th, 2013 by Angie Han
If you consider sequel news to be a gift, we’ve got a whole sleigh full of presents for you. After the jump:
- No (duh), Justin Bieber won’t replace Paul Walker in Fast & Furious 7
- Zoe Bell could become one of the ExpendaBelles
- Ricky Gervais will be back for Night at the Museum 3
- Phil “You Had One Job” Tippett is returning for Jurassic World
- Hot Tub Time Machine 2 is coming sometime in 2014
- Quentin Tarantino is really not interested in doing Kill Bill 3
- Zoolander 2 is “on hold,” and Dodgeball 2 has a script
- Someone has been arrested for that Transformers extortion attempt
- Sullivan Stapleton and Eva Green gets their own 300 posters
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, December 11th, 2012 by Angie Han
Is Kill Bill Volume 3 ever coming down the pipeline? Don’t count on it. Although Quentin Tarantino‘s been floating the possibility for a long time, he seems far less enthusiastic about the project these days. The news shouldn’t come as too much of a shocker. Tarantino’s notorious for talking up projects that never get made, and there’s been little progress on Kill Bill 3 over the past several years. Hit the jump to read his words.
Read More »
In this week’s /Filmcast, Dave Chen, Devindra Hardawar and Adam Quigley discuss the pitfalls and opportunities of corporate sponsorship, speculate on some plot possibilities for Kill Bill 3, and Devindra and Jeff try and fail to Curb Their Enthusiasm for Friday Night Lights. Jeff Cannata is our special guest this evening, joining us from the Totally Rad Show.
You can always e-mail us at slashfilmcast(AT)gmail(DOT)com, or call and leave a voicemail at 781-583-1993. Join us next Monday at 9 PM EST / 6 PM PST at Slashfilm’s live page as we review Mike Doughterty’s Trick ‘R Treat, now available on Blu-Ray and DVD.
Download or Play Now in your Browser:
Subscribe to the /Filmcast:
Read More »
Oh, boy. Here we go again. A year and a half ago seeing Quentin Tarantino proclaim his intention to make a film wouldn’t have meant much. But then came his appearance on a French talk show stage during Cannes ’08, where he promised to be back a year later with Inglourious Basterds. We all laughed, knowing that he’d been talking about that movie for a decade. Then he actually followed through, and did so with a great film that has become his biggest hit. So now, when Tarantino tells an Italian talk show “the Bride will fight again,” I suppose we have to take him more seriously. Read More »
Let’s go to the tape from Cannes! Shortly after a giggly French interviewer hands him a video camera and requests to “directed,” Quentin Tarantino is asked what his next film will be. Will it be Kill Bill 3? Kill Bill 4 (those silly Frenchies!) No, he says, it will be Inglorious Bastards…coming to Cannes in 2009?!?
“Oh, yeah, no. The next movie I’m doing is my WWII movie Inglorious Bastards. I actually just finished the first draft of the script and when I go home I’ll be finishing it up…and if all goes well [pregnant pause] I will be here 2009 at Cannes with my war film INGLORIOUS BASTARDS!!! [applause].”
So, yeah, this is an official announcement of sorts from QT, not a misquote. He’s being translated, but you can hear his words verbatim underneath. Now, is it humanly possible to make an epic WWII movie without an official cast from a script that still needs polishing, and, um, without all that mandatory WWII stuff and deliver it by this time next year? [crickets]
But over on Twitter, the consensus is “asshat.” Peter even calls the man a “compulsive liar.” But, um, dudes and ladies, Quentin Tarantino is writing/directing an R-rated war film that will kick your our asses and it finally sounds like he’s revved up, if obeying an alien calendar. If you’re going to keep him in your mental Gimp box, at least throw some confetti on top. I’m looking forward to it, and by “it” I mean Chinese Democracy.
Discuss: How pumped are you for Inglorious Bastards in 2012?