Casting, spoilers and some first looks abound in this edition of TV Bits. After the jump check out the following:
- Is Jimmy Fallon the lead contender to replace Jay Leno on The Tonight Show?
- Some potential spoilers for Homeland season 3 have been teased.
- Star of The OC Adam Brody joins the cast of House of Lies.
- History is developing a Hatfields and McCoys reality show.
- When do your favorite Fox shows like Glee, The Mindy Project and New Girl return?
- NBC orders new episodes of Whitney.
- The classic tale of Zorro is getting a modern reimagining on USA called Z.
- The stars of Dexter tease some possibly season 8 scenarios.
- A first look at the second season stars of Smash.
- Bernard from Lost, Sam Anderson, joins the next season of Justified.
Read More »
This morning Megan Fox, Ed Helms, and Jessica Alba announced the nominations for the 2013 Golden Globes. The Hollywood Foreign Press Association, the organization behind the event, is famous for nominating films and performances simply based on their star factor — if there’s an actor that members of the HFPA want to hang out with, they’re sure to get a nomination.
But the HFPA is great at putting on a show, and so the Golden Globes generate a lot of attention every year. And, as the NY Times points out, with the Globes nominations coming just days before Oscar nomination voting starts, there’s a possibility that nominations here could affect Oscar voting. The Best Picture nomination set includes what is already becoming a standard set of awards favorites, such as Lincoln, Silver Linings Playbook, and Zero Dark Thirty, but there are also nominations for Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, and Django Unchained. Salmon Fishing in the Yemen picked up a few nominations, actually, which was one of the big surprises.
The Golden Globes will air on January 13, 2013, hosted by Amy Poehler and Tina Fey. The full nomination list is below. Read More »