Dwayne Johnson is keeping busy as usual. The actor, who’s currently shooting Rampage in Atlanta, has a handful of big popcorn movies on his schedule, including Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Skyscraper, and Shazam! He recently teased his future in the DC Extended Universe and posted photos from Rampage and provided an update on another G.I. Joe movie.
Below, get the latest updates on the next Dwayne Johnson movies. Read More »
It’s been a long time since we heard anything about G.I. Joe 3. The last development on the sequel had up and coming writer Aaron Berg brought on board as a writer, and before that D.J. Caruso was hired to be at the helm of the movie instead of G.I. Joe: Retaliation director Jon M. Chu. We’re not sure if either of those two talents are still involved with the project, but it doesn’t sound like G.I. Joe 3 is going to happen anytime soon thanks to the busy schedule of Dwayne Johnson.
Find out what’s going on with G.I. Joe 3 after the jump. Read More »
In an effort to reinvigorate the Transformers franchise, this year Paramount Pictures set writer Akiva Goldsman to lead a writers room comprised of about a dozen writers. The result was a roster of at least three sequels that will keep Transformers movies hitting theaters at different points throughout the next 10 years. Now the studio seems keen on using that model to help give new life to the G.I. Joe franchise, not to mention kicking off a hopeful franchise adapting the action figures known as Micronauts.
Read More »
Paramount desperately wants to make a third G.I. Joe film. Last we checked, they’d hired D.J. Caruso to direct and screenwriter Jonathan Lemkin was working on the script. However, now news has broken that another screenwriter has been hired, suggesting Lemkin’s work wasn’t what they wanted. They’ve hired Aaron Berg, the writer of the hot spy film Section 6, to work his magic. Read more about the new GI Joe 3 writer below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
The third G.I. Joe movie is moving forward, and Paramount and producer Lorenzo Di Bonaventura are in the process of hiring yet another new director for the movie. This time DJ Caruso (Disturbia, Eagle Eye) is in talks to be the GI Joe 3 director, and if things go well he’ll direct a returning Dwayne Johnson and possibly a new crew of recruits. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, March 26th, 2014 by Angie Han
If I asked you to name the most iconic movie franchise of all time, would you say Transformers? Mark Wahlberg would — and he’s pretty sure the new one will be the biggest film of 2014. Also after the jump:
- Transformers 4 will use the Dolby Atmos sound system
- Ninja Turtles, Minions, and more are getting special 3D glasses
- Dwayne Johnson says Jon M. Chu won’t be back for G.I. Joe 3
- Lego Movie co-financer will not be asked back for the sequel
- Get updates on the Dark Crystal and Fraggle Rock movies
- Leland Orser, of Taken and Taken 2, will return for Taken 3
- Neal McDonough will be the bad guy in Paul Blart 2
- Jurassic World is looking for extras in Louisiana
Read More »
Thursday’s April Fools-esque revelation Jon M. Chu would direct a Jem and the Holograms movie with producer Jason Blum is 100% true. Teamed with Justin Bieber’s manager Scooter Braun, the trio took to YouTube to announce the project and ask the public for crowdsourced ideas. It was a big deal for lots of fans of the “totally outrageous” Eighties cartoon.
Later that night, the director took to Twitter to chat about the film. One of the revelations was that Chu will make Jem before G.I. Joe 3 because that Joe script is “taking a little longer” than expected. Read the quotes below. Read More »
Posted on Friday, January 3rd, 2014 by Angie Han
Here’s one way 2014 won’t be much different from 2013: The flood of sequels, reboots, and remakes isn’t slowing down anytime soon. After the jump:
- Short Term 12 star Keith Stanfield will be part of The Purge 2
- That Starship Troopers remake will be closer to the source material
- Jon M. Chu talks G.I. Joe 3 and dropping Masters of the Universe
- What do the new Ninja Turtles action figures tell us about the movie?
- The guys are back together for a new Horrible Bosses 2 image
Read More »
Keanu Reeves is the star of this edition of Sequel Bits, talking about the latest in regards to Bill and Ted 3 and dismissing another film he was never involved in in the first place. Below, read about the following:
- Jon M. Chu hopes G.I. Joe 3 will shoot in 2014 and says Channing Tatum‘s return isn’t likely.
- Keanu Reeves says they’re looking for funding for Bill and Ted 3.
- Reeves also said he won’t appear in a Point Break remake.
- Check out three new character shots from Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.
- Mark Wahlberg gives some details on his character in Transformers: Age of Extinction.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, December 18th, 2013 by Angie Han
Despite Paramount’s objections, the producer for It’s a Wonderful Life: The Rest of the Story is confident his project will go forward. Sorry, haters. Also after the jump:
- Channing Tatum could still return for G.I. Joe 3…
- … and Adrianne Palicki is definitely going to be back
- Kellan Lutz had to get smaller for The Expendables 3
- Paramount and MGM team up for Hot Tub Time Machine 2
- NBC okays a sequel to The Bible (the show, not the book)
- Jack O’Connell and Lena Headey get their own 300 posters
Read More »