Even though there has been some decent original programming on Disney+ so far, it’s been missing something that would have made an outstanding addition to the line-up: The Muppets.
Back in February of 2019, we learned there was a new Muppets series in development from Frozen star Josh Gad and Once Upon a Time creators Edward Kitsis & Adam Horowitz. The show was called Muppets Live Another Day, and rather than trying to create a new modern Muppets series, the show was set immediately following the events of The Muppets Take Manhattan in 1984. Unfortunately, the series was scrapped, so we’ll never get to see it. But thankfully, Josh Gad has shared a couple script pages from the pilot for you to read. Read More »
Josh Gad, who played LeFou in Disney’s 2017 live-action remake of Beauty and the Beast, is developing a Beauty and the Beast prequel series for Disney+ which will reunite Gad with his co-star Luke Evans and explore the origins of Gaston and LeFou.
Read More »
If you’re an AppleTV+ subscriber who’s been slightly underwhelmed by the new streaming service’s lineup of original programming, here’s a show that just might turn the tide. Steven Spielberg is executive producing a modernized version of Amazing Stories, his sci-fi anthology series that originally aired in the 1980s, and the first full trailer has arrived. Check it out below. Read More »
Once Upon a Time creators Eddy Kitsis and Adam Horowitz are returning to the world of fairytales. They’re teaming up with their former Once Upon a Time writer Brigette Hales to launch a new ABC show called Epic, a “romantic anthology series set in the fairytale universe of Disney.” Here’s what we know about it so far. Read More »
After being off the air for 17 years, The Muppets attempted a television comeback on ABC in 2015. The series, titled The Muppets, was a documentary-style workplace comedy along the lines of The Office about the Muppets working on a late night program starring Miss Piggy. But audiences weren’t too keen on the series, and it was canceled after a single season. But don’t count The Muppets out yet.
Nearly a full year ago, we learned that Disney was interested in reviving The Muppets for a new series on the upcoming streaming service Disney+. Now some details on who’s developing the show have come to light, and it’s a crew who already has a comfortable relationship with The House of Mouse. Could this be the big 2019 surprise that Kermit was teasing recently? Read More »
It looks like it will be a happy ending — or a happy beginning — for Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis. The duo behind ABC’s uber-popular Once Upon a Time has been tapped by Apple to be the Amazing Stories showrunners, the reboot of Steven Spielberg‘s beloved sci-fi and fantasy anthology series from the late ’80s.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, January 14th, 2013 by Angie Han
Based on the header image, can you guess who’s coming back for Breaking Bad‘s final stretch? Also after the jump:
- Sam Mendes and a Skyfall co-writer team for a Showtime project
- Rupert Wyatt gets hired for AMC’s period drama pilot Turn
- Disney XD’s Tron: Uprising desperately needs more viewers
- Check out two new stills from Arrested Development
- Could Michael Cera be angling for an Archer guest spot?
- Michelle Monaghan joins Cary Fukunaga‘s True Detective
- The CW’s Amazon and Arrow could be set in the same universe
- Dexter and Stephen King‘s Under the Dome get premiere dates
- A&E’s Bates Motel unveils five creepy new posters
- Here’s a new cast photo for Mortal Kombat: Legacy
- Watch the season premieres of Californication and Shameless
Read More »
Posted on Monday, May 14th, 2012 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits features all kinds, from Depression-era gangsters to noirish femme fatales to drunken school bus drivers. After the jump:
- Nick Swardson and Cheri Oteri board Grown-Ups 2
- Sin City: A Dame to Kill For gets its first teaser poster
- A new G.I. Joe: Retaliation image shows Cobra Commander
- Seth Grahame-Smith is a little intimidated by Beetlejuice 2
- Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz talk Tron: Uprising
- Paramount is letting a Godfather (book) prequel go forward
- Jon Favreau likes where Shane Black‘s Iron Man 3 is headed
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Tuesday, May 8th, 2012 by Angie Han
Fans of NBC’s Thursday night lineup will want to keep a close eye on TV news in the coming days, as the network is nearing a seventh season renewal for 30 Rock. As for geek favorites Community and Parks & Recreation, let’s just say the latter seems to have a better shot of coming back than the former. Also after the jump…
- NBC picks up 1600 Penn and Animal Practice
- USA’s Political Animals picks up Dylan Baker
- A synopsis for Game of Thrones‘ Season 2 finale
- TRON: Uprising and Once Upon a Time producers take fan questions
Read More »
Despite the relatively tepid financial and critical reception TRON: Legacy got in 2010, everyone who would potentially be involved in a sequel still believes it will happen. Tron himself, Bruce Boxleitner, keeps giving potential start dates, Legacy director Joseph Kosinski has talked about the plot and the screenwriters of that film, Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz, handed the writing reigns for a third movie to Dave DiGilio.
At WonderCon, Kitsis and Horowitz – who were on hand to promote the show that took then away from Tron, Once Upon A Time, confirmed they’d read DiGilio’s first draft and couldn’t help be do a little teasing. Read more after the jump. Read More »