Walt Disney Company CEO Bob Iger has built a name for himself as an acquisitions guy, pulling Pixar, Marvel, and Lucasfilm under the Disney umbrella during his tenure. But he’s also concentrated on expanding the footprint of Disney theme parks outside the United States. Shanghai Disney has been his multi-billion dollar baby from the beginning, and now he’s dropping more than $2 billion into a huge multi-year Disneyland Paris resort expansion that will include Marvel, Star Wars, and Frozen lands. Read More »
Harry Potter doesn’t own wizards and magic wands — though The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios Orlando certainly popularized selling them in merchandise form.
The magic wand is a particularly clever piece of marketing that also is deeply connected to the world of Harry Potter — there are whole subplots about the importance of a wizard’s bond with his wand and how the “wand chooses the wizard.” Heck, the entire finale of Harry Potter hinges on the ownership of a wand! Merlin’s wand in Disney’s The Sword in the Stone? Not so pivotal.
But Disneyland Paris is piggybacking on the success of the Harry Potter wands, and creating their own brand of magic wands that can be sold at a Merlin’s Shop near you! And by near you, I mean exclusively in Disneyland Paris.
Read More »
Walt Disney World and the Disneylands across the globe are not just offering you a temporary escape into a magical place – they’re promising that you’ll never want to leave.
The Disney resorts are tapping into their most popular franchises to give their guests fully immersive experiences in the worlds of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and Star Wars. So whether you want to traipse over to a superhero-filled New York City, or a galaxy far, far away, Disney’s got your back.
Read More »
Updates on lots of new, exciting rides and attractions at theme parks around the world are in this edition of Theme Park Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Meet the animatronic characters in the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and see the interactive queue.
- The Ratatouille ride officially opens July 10; see a new video.
- Four new, limited theme-park t-shirts are available from Disney.
- You can meet Spider-Man in a Disney park.
- The Frozen princesses have officially moved to the Magic Kingdom.
- Second Harry Potter land to open July 15 in Japan.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Wednesday, March 13th, 2013 by Angie Han
If you don’t have plans for the next couple of summers yet, you may be tempted to take some theme park trips after you read this post. After the jump:
- Disneyland Paris will get a Ratatouille attraction in 2014
- Check out the first model image from Shanghai Disneyland
- Disney’s Imagineers will be the subject of a new documentary
- Universal Florida‘s Transformers ride prepares for its launch
- Despicable Me Minion Mayhem opens in Hollywood next year
- Stephen Chow is making a Journey to the West-themed park
Read More »
They already have the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame Cathedral and now they might get their very own Mos Eisley Cantina. A rumor has begun to circle that Disney Imagineers are looking to convert a section of Disneyland Paris into a Star Wars themed land complete with updated Star Tours, new stores and Mos Eisley Cantina restaurant. Read more after the jump. Read More »