After rumors swirled last week that Girl Meets World hadn’t been renewed for a fourth season, Disney Channel has made it official.
The spin-off of the ABC sitcom Boy Meets World will be coming to an end when the third season finale airs later this month. The good news is that it seems like the writers weren’t completely blindsided by this decision, and the final episode will have a somewhat proper send-off for fans who will be sad to see it go. Read More »
Generally when a group puts on a live read, they pick a script of reverence. An Oscar-winner like The Usual Suspects, a classic comedy like Groundhog Day or Ghostbusters, maybe a stage masterpiece like Glengarry Glen Ross. When Funny or Die does it, they go a little out of the box. They do Space Jam.
Michael Jordan famously starred in the 1996 animated hit, which blended live actors with the Looney Tunes in a sci-fi, comedic, basketball romp. For kids of that era, the film became a classic. For anyone who has seen it since, it doesn’t quite hold up. But it’s fun, with a nostalgic appeal, and so Funny or Die recruited an all-star cast to read the script. Literally. NBA All-Star Blake Griffin read the role of Jordan and a slew of comedians and actors filled in the other roles, such as Seth Green, Ralph Garman, Danielle Fishel, Paul Scheer, Nick Kroll and others.
Below, watch – not the whole thing – but a good 10-minute highlight of the Space Jam live read. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, April 10th, 2014 by Angie Han
Can it possibly be that long ago that we were kids watching Cory (Ben Savage) navigating adolescence on Boy Meets World? Apparently, it can. We’re really old, you guys. Disney Channel has just premiered the first Girl Meets World trailer, in which Cory and longtime love Topanga (Danielle Fishel) are the proud parents to a 12-year-old of their own (played by Rowan Blanchard).
The girl, Riley, even has a Shawn of her own in the form of mischievous Maya (Sabrina Carpenter). Watch the first teaser for the spinoff/sequel after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, November 26th, 2012 by Angie Han
This extra-British installment of TV Bits includes updates on across-the-pond favorites Sherlock and Downton Abbey — but not all of it is good news. After the jump:
- BBC’s Sherlock might not come back until 2014
- Downton Abbey gets picked up for a fourth season
- … but Dan Stevens, a.k.a. Matthew Crawley may be out
- Watch the trailer for BBC America’s Ripper Street
- HIMYM is getting a special hourlong Christmas episode
- A Two and a Half Men star urges viewers to stop watching his show
- The Daily Show is losing correspondent Wyatt Cenac
- Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel join Girl Meets World
- Beyonce will direct a documentary about herself for HBO
- Get your first peek at Patton Oswalt on FX’s Justified
- HBO’s Girls reveals the first images from Season 2
- See how BSG: Blood and Chrome made its green screen universe
- AMC warns FiOS customers that they could lose AMC channels
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, November 7th, 2012 by Angie Han
More details emerge on that Boy Meets World sequel, and you may be surprised to learn what Cory’s up to these days. Also after the jump:
- Christopher Lloyd brings his DeLorean to Raising Hope
- SpongeBob gets stop-motioned for a holiday special
- See the sexy first trailer for Starz’ Da Vinci’s Demons
- James Cameron is producing a climate-change doc
- Diablo Cody sells a Millenial/GenX comedy to ABC
- Elementary lands the plum post-Super Bowl slot
- Luther is getting a third season with four episodes
- 24‘s Jack and Renee will reunite on Fox’s Touch
- Fringe sets an early 2013 date for its series finale
Read More »