The true-crime podcast zeitgeist has become so powerful that it’s starting to bleed over into TV. Dirty John is part of the wave of podcast adaptations coming to the small and big screen, and will be adapting the story of the gripping Wondery and LA Times podcast into a Bravo eight-episode miniseries. Eric Bana stars as the titular Dirty John, a mysterious man who holds a few too many secrets from his girlfriend, played by Connie Britton.
Read More »
Where has Eric Bana been lately? He had a small role in last year’s King Arthur: Legend of the Sword and starred in a Netflix movie opposite Ricky Gervais, but things have been sort of quiet for him since the days when he was headlining big budget action films.
But there’s good news for all the Banatics out there (that’s what diehard Eric Bana fans call themselves, right?): the Aussie actor has been cast in the title role in Dirty John, a TV adaptation of the popular podcast. Learn more about the Eric Bana Dirty John casting below. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, August 8th, 2013 by Angie Han
If the idea of a Taxi Driver 2 sounds stupid to you, know that Paul Schrader agrees. As a matter of fact, he thinks the concept pitched to him by Robert De Niro in the ’90s was “the dumbest idea that I’ve ever heard.” Also after the jump:
- Keanu Reeves offers a small Bill & Ted 3 update
- Sean Young calls for a Blade Runner 2 boycott
- James Cameron is finalizing multiple Avatar scripts
- Bravo kills development on their Heathers TV show
- Bruce Willis was too expensive for Expendables 3
- 300: Rise of an Empire gets rated R by the MPAA
- See an early version of the Fast & Furious 7 poster
Read More »