If you thought that Kevin Hart already proved that he was worthy of the love of Ice Cube‘s sister (Tika Sumpter) in Ride Along, think again. Just because Ben Barber (Hart) gained a little common ground with man of the law James Payton (Cube) doesn’t mean the latter is ready to become brothers-in-law, whether it’s through marriage or at the police station.
But when a drug trafficking problem requires some serious attention in Miami, for some reason Ben is allowed to tag along with James, making for his own tropical training day to prove his worth as a viable husband and police officer. Like most comedy sequels, it’s basically the same formula repeated again with slightly different jokes, and this new Ride Along 2 trailer doesn’t do anything to make us think otherwise. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, August 13th, 2015 by Angie Han
This weekend’s Straight Outta Compton takes us back to Ice Cube‘s roots as a gangsta rap pioneer. This week’s Ride Along 2 trailer brings us back to his present as an actor (among other things) who’s really good at playing cranky cops.
The action-comedy sequel reunites Ice Cube’s James with Kevin Hart‘s Ben, who is now a full-fledged cop. The two stumble onto a big case that takes them to Miami, where Ben proceeds to screw things up as usual. Director Tim Story and co-star Tika Sumpter return, Ken Jeong, Olivia Munn, Benjamin Bratt, and Sherri Shepherd tag along for the ride. Watch the Ride Along 2 trailer after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Friday, June 27th, 2014 by Angie Han
Sorry, Breaking Bad fans: Aaron Paul says he won’t appear in Better Call Saul after all. Also after the jump:
- The next Beverly Hills Cop will head to Michigan
- Mission: Impossible 5 might film in the Houses of Parliament
- Benjamin Bratt hops on for Ride Along 2
- Pitch Perfect 2 adds Birgitte Hjort Sørensen
- A top GM designer has a cameo in Transformers 4
- Mark Wahlberg promises Ted is as lovably awful as ever
- Stanley Tucci is glad Mockingjay was split in two
- David Duchovny wants more X-Files movies
- Watch another Dawn of the Planet of the Apes clip
Read More »
Posted on Monday, March 10th, 2014 by Angie Han
The first 24: Live Another Day trailer was released during the Super Bowl last month. But the first 24: Live Another Day trailer featuring actual footage from the series was revealed this weekend.
In it, CIA head Steve Harris (Benjamin Bratt) spots Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) for the first time in years. Like us in the audience, he seems excited to see Jack; unlike us, it’s because he thinks Jack is a bad guy.
But that’s not even the biggest of Jack’s worries. As he warns Chloe (Mary Lynn Rajskub), “If the American president is assassinated on foreign soil, you’re looking at a world war.” And the only man who can stop such a cataclysmic event is… well, you can probably guess. Watch the pulse-pounding promo after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, March 7th, 2014 by Angie Han
The first teaser for 24: Live Another Day debuted during the Super Bowl, but since we’ve yet to receive a full-length trailer we’re still mostly in the dark as to what the show will actually look like. Happily, we have a slightly better idea today since Fox has revealed a big batch of stills.
The new 24: Live Another Day images feature returning characters Jack (Kiefer Sutherland) and Chloe (Mary Lynn Rajskub), along with lots of fresh faces played by Yvonne Strahovski, Benjamin Bratt, Tate Donovan, and more. See them all after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, June 26th, 2013 by Angie Han
Rick Moranis isn’t locked in for Ghostbusters 3 yet, but if you’re curious where he thinks his character Louis Tully would’ve ended up, he has some ideas. Also after the jump:
- Peter Jackson discusses the extended cut An Unexpected Journey
- … and you can check out new behind-the-scenes pic from Desolation of Smaug
- Jack Horner says the most recent Jurassic Park 4 plot “didn’t pass muster”
- Lorenzo di Bonaventura has been in touch with actors about Red 3
- Aussie electronic duo Empire of the Sun will score Dumb and Dumber To
- Benjamin Bratt talks about replacing Al Pacino in Despicable Me 2
- Doug Jones is still holding out hope for a third Hellboy
- Val Kilmer‘s Heat sequel idea involves being married to Natalie Portman
- See a poster for Warwick Davis‘ (fake) proposed Willow sequel
Read More »
Posted on Friday, May 31st, 2013 by Angie Han
Steve Carell doesn’t actually need to dress up as Gru to play him for Despicable Me 2, but don’t tell him that. Also after the jump:
- Broken Lizard is planning Weedfest and Super Troopers 2
- Despicable Me 2‘s villainous El Macho is finally revealed
- See new pics and a filmmakers’ message from Insidious Chapter 2
- James Wan explores Abu Dhabi as a potential Fast 7 location
- Michelle Rodriguez glowers in her Machete Kills poster
Read More »
Posters, quotes, casting and replacements are all part of this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump, read about the following:
- Sam Worthington discusses the Avatar sequels and a possible third Clash of the Titans film.
- The Hangover Part III Twitter account has revealed some more character posters.
- Is Antonio Banderas joining The Expendables III?
- Benjamin Bratt replaces Al Pacino in Despicable Me 2.
- Listen to Star Trek Into Darkness writers Damon Lindelof, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci talk secrets, fan influence, and villains.
- The poster for Grown Up 2 is a throwback.
- Actress Sophia Myles joins Transformers 4.
- Michelle Rodriguez confirms the villain for Fast and Furious 7.
- Check out an image of FEMA’s role in Godzilla.
- Check out the cover of the Art of 300: Rise of an Empire book.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Friday, January 18th, 2013 by Angie Han
The cheeseburger rainstorms may have ceased for now, but Flint Lockwood’s battles with food are far from over. In this fall’s Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs sequel, Flint (Bill Hader) continues to deal with the consequences of his malfunctioning FLDSMDFR device when he discovers that it’s created a new race of food-animal hybrids — or “food-imals,” in the first of many groanworthy (but secretly hilarious… or not? Just me?) puns.
Initially, Flint and his girlfriend Sam Sparks (Anna Faris) are in awe of the lush, colorful creatures. But then, so were the characters in Jurassic Park with their dinosaurs, and we all know how that ended. Before long, the food-imals are threatening to take over entirely, and it’s up to Flint and Sam to save the town again. See the first images from the film after the jump.
Read More »
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs was a great surprise, a fun and very well-animated film that stands as one of the better kids’ films released in the last few years. (And therefore is also a good watch for adults.) While Cloudy directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller are only producing the sequel Cloudy 2: Revenge of the Leftovers, they’ve handed off directorial duties to Cody Cameron (story artist on Cloudy) and Kris Pearn (head of story on the first film), who are working from a script by John Francis Daley & Jonathan Goldstein and Erica Rivinoja.
The directorial change isn’t the only big one happening, however, as Mr. T, who voiced the intense, enthusiastic town cop Earl, will not be heard this time. The character does return, however, voiced by Terry Crews. We’ve got some more cast info and a lot of story details below. Read More »