Posted on Thursday, October 22nd, 2015 by Angie Han
While we were busy whining on Twitter about the sad lack of hoverboards and flying cars in the real 2015, Tinker Hatfield was hard at work making sure at least one of Back to the Future Part II‘s predictions came true. The shoe designer promised last year that self-tying Nike Mags would become a reality in 2015, and as of today — Back to the Future Day, in case you some how hadn’t heard — he’s made good on his word.
See Michael J. Fox with the very first pair of Back to the Future sneakers with self tying laces after the jump. Or, if your tastes run a little more retro, find out where you can get 1985 Nike Bruins like the ones Marty McFly sports before he upgrades to the Mags.
Update from Editor Peter Sciretta: After the jump you can now watch Michael J. Fox try on Nike’s self-lacing sneakers for the first time, and then later in the day, demonstrate them on Jimmy Kimmel Live.
Read More »
“We’re Going Back,” a 30th Anniversary Back to the Future celebration has been announced for Los Angeles, taking place October 21st – 25th 2015. The festivities will include:
- Back to the Future tour of the Universal Studios backlot with special guests
- A Screening of Back to the Future II
- The original hoverboard stunt team and actual members of Griff’s gang will let your ride on a hoverboard rig like used in the movie
- Old West style BBQ dinner and a Screening of Back to the Future, Part III with surprises
- Ride the actual diesel locomotive that smashed the time machine at the end of the third film
- The World Premiere of the documentary “Back In Time,” and the Director’s cut of the documentary “OUTATIME: Saving the DeLorean!”
- A screen used props and rare Back to the Future memorabilia auction
- An outdoor screening of Back to the Future III
- Tour of the original filming locations from Back to the Future
- Attend the world’s most accurate, immersive recreation of the iconic “Enchantment under the Sea” dance with the cast and crew of the trilogy and rock out with the “Flux Capacitors,” featuring Marvin Berry.
- The most intimate, celebrity moderated, “Back to the Future” discussion panels and presentations
- A screening of Back to the Future outside the “Twin Pines” mall, aka Puente Hills Mall in the City of Industry, CA, with celebrities, movie vehicles and the return of the “Flux Capacitors” band for a very special finale.
All this and more. Tickets cost $800 for the full 5 days
, or you can purchase tickets to the individual days. Read the full press release, after the jump.
Read More »