Perhaps one of the most coveted collectibles for Star Wars fans is the helmet of Darth Vader. It’s the signature accessory of one of the most iconic villains that the big screen has ever seen. And if you worship Darth Vader as much as his angry grandson Kylo Ren, then Hot Toys has an incredible new collectible that you’ll want to get your hands on.
In Star Wars: The Force Awakens, we learn that Kylo Ren keeps the burnt remains of Darth Vader’s helmet in his own private chamber. When he’s desperate to squash the light that still remains in him, he speaks out to his grandfather for guidance, hoping to finish what the Empire’s second in command started decades before. Now you can call out to the spirit of the Dark Lord of the Sith yourself with a burnt Darth Vader helmet replica coming soon. Read More »
Hot Toys have finally revealed a bunch of figures from their Rogue One: A Star Wars Story line of collectibles. The 1/6th scale figures include a Jedha Patrol Stormtrooper, a Shoretrooper, a Deathtrooper and of course, Darth Vader.
Get a closer look at the new Imperial Army in this first Star Wars anthology film, and also take a better view of Darth Vader’s design, which admittedly isn’t too different from A New Hope. I love the green glow from the Deathtrooper mask and have already fallen in love with the Shoretrooper design. Hit the jump to take a first look at these detailed collectible Rogue One figures and find out what they will include and when they will be released.
Read More »
I see you have constructed a new Star Wars Bits. Your skills are complete. Indeed you are powerful as the Emperor has foreseen. This edition of news from a galaxy far, far away includes:
- First look at new The Force Awakens books coming in December
- Domhnall Gleeson talks a bit about his Force Awakens character General Hux
- Tim Rose discusses returning as Admiral Akbar in The Force Awakens
- Some new rumors surface about Rey in The Force Awakens
- A new survey asks fans where The Force Awakens will rank among the saga
- See a forthcoming new 6-inch Black Series figure from The Force Awakens
- Check out Hot Toys‘ sixth scale First Order TIE Fighter Pilot
- Kickstart some awesome Star Wars bluetooth speakers
Read More »
Obviously we’re big movie fans here at SlashFilm. And some of us like to show our passion by having cool stuff on our shelves. Whether it’s prop replicas, LEGO sets, action figures or a piece of art on the wall, we like to show how much we love what we love.
For those with some extra cash to throw around, they go the extra mile with their collectibles and pick up things from places like Sideshow Collectibles and Hot Toys. And a new video shows how the latter company produces such intricately detailed collectible action figures for adults, getting a close-up look at the sculpting, painting and more. Find out how they make Hot Toys figures after the jump! Read More »
Update: A few days ago we published a story about Hot Toys’ announcement of an 18-Foot Long Sixth Scale Star Wars Millennium Falcon which would premiere this week at Ani-Com and Games Hong Kong (ACGHK), the biggest pop-culture event in Hong Kong. The show is about the begin and the first photos have leaked online. Check out the first photos of the Hot Toys 18-Foot Sixth Scale Star Wars Millennium Falcon.
Read More »
The entire SlashFilm crew is all over San Diego for the rest of the week, and if you’ve been paying attention to the front page, then you already know that we’re covering Comic-Con like crazy. We tossed up some photos of downtown San Diego with the buildings covered in upcoming movies and TV shows, and now we have an inside look at the show floor.
Comic-Con is massive, and it’s impossible to get pictures of everything, so we decided to just get some snapshots of things that we personally thought were cool. Whether it’s unique displays, awesome props, collectible toys, spectacular artwork, we just wanted everyone to see some of the coolest stuff from the show floor.
Check out our Comic Con 2015 showfloor photos after the jump! Read More »
It’s not impossible. I used to bullseye Star Wars Bits in my T-16 back home, they’re not much bigger than two meters. Here’s what we’ve got in this edition of news from a galaxy far, far away:
- Aaron Paul is (again) rumored for a future Star Wars role,
- R2-D2 Builders Club members are already working on Rogue One,
- A rumored Rogue One casting call surfaces,
- Sneak preview of Star Wars comic #7 with Obi-Wan Kenobi,
- Hot Toys unveils one-sixth scale Millennium Falcon cockpit,
- Star Wars Rebels Season One will be available in the UK,
- Sideshow Collectibles unveils new Ralph McQuarrie Boba Fett statue,
- Battlefront short story coming in October,
- Dice Games was scared of Star Wars Battlefront,
- New image of Sabine in Star Wars Rebels,
- Disney Infinity 3.0 Star Wars packs release date,
- and a new Star Wars Aftermath description
Read More »
We could probably rename the site “Star Wars Bits” this weekend as Star Wars Celebration begins but, until then, we wanted to do one more round up before the madness started. Below, read about the following.
- Will Star Wars Celebration have a full Force Awakens exhibit?
- See the latest batch of official merchandise from Star Wars Celebration as well as Funkos.
- Marvel may soon announce two new Star Wars comic books.
- Is a full character list from The Force Awakens now online?
- EA Star Wars continues to tease Star Wars Battlefront, which may first debut on XBox One.
- Check out the Hot Toys Star Wars Celebration exclusive Spacetrooper figure.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
UPDATE: Hot Toys has uploaded some interior photos of this set, which show Iron Man himself. See them below.
When Avengers: Age of Ultron hits theaters, there are sure to be some characters and surprises fans will want to take home with them. But based on the trailers and early buzz, the most take-home worthy character or outfit has got to be the Hulkbuster, a suit Iron Man wears to try to handle Bruce Banner when he becomes the Hulk. The circumstances of this showdown, in terms of the narrative, are still relatively mysterious but the suit itself has already become a symbol of how Joss Whedon is taking things to a new level in the sequel.
Hot Toys – the world’s foremost creator of high end scaled collectibles – have just revealed their Hulkbuster toy. It’s an almost perfect replica of what you’ll see in theaters on May 1. Check out the Hot Toys Hulkbuster images below. Read More »
Was there a Guardians of the Galaxy reference on the finale of Parks and Recreation? What exactly happened at the end of Agent Carter and how did it tie into the larger Marvel Cinematic Universe? Who is Magneto cat? Can you wear the Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix on your neck? Want to see a regular trailer for Batman: Arkham Knight and an honest trailer for Batman: Arkham Asylum? Does the Hot Toys Age of Ultron Hulk toy look good? Which producers are actually controlling Spider-Man? Read about all this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »