Posted on Wednesday, February 19th, 2020 by Ben Pearson
Every so often, a movie comes along that feels as if it’s been plucked from another era, discovered among a pile of film canisters from twenty years before. Such is the case with Dream Horse, a new family-friendly sports drama starring Toni Collette and Damian Lewis that follows their attempts to get a small town racehorse to compete against the elite equestrians of Wales in a nationwide competition. If you’re looking for a new sports movie that feels like a throwback to something from the 1990s or early 2000s, or if you’d like to hear Toni Collette’s hardcore Welsh accent, be sure to check out the new trailer below.
Read More »
Jane (Toni Collette) is tired. Tired of working multiple jobs in small-town Wales, tired of her boring husband Brian (Owen Teale) who bums around watching TV all day, tired of taking care of her aging parents, tired of the drudgery her life has become. So when Howard (Damian Lewis), a former hotshot racehorse owner, becomes a regular at the bar where she works, Jane is inspired to try her own hand at raising a racehorse – but she needs some help to pull it off. Based on a 2015 documentary called Dark Horse, director Euros Lyn’s Dream Horse is an inspirational, winning sports drama about a small town with big hopes. Read More »
The casting for Quentin Tarantino‘s Once Upon a Time in Hollywood can’t stop, won’t stop. Damian Lewis, Luke Perry, Emile Hirsch, Dakota Fanning, Clifton Collins Jr, Keith Jefferson and Nicholas Hammond have all joined the ever-growing cast, which is led by Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt.
Read More »
Before his death in 2016, Rob Ford made headlines across the globe as the crack-smoking mayor of Toronto. Now his real life exploits are being dramatized in a Hollywood movie, and Homeland and Billions star Damian Lewis will suit up to play Ford in a drama called Run This Town. That’s odd casting, isn’t it? Read more about the Rob Ford movie below, including the other actors who will appear and what roles they’ll play. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, December 6th, 2016 by Angie Han
The Ocean’s Eight cast just keeps getting better and better. With shooting already well underway in New York, the Ocean’s Eleven spinoff has reportedly added Damian Lewis in the role of the villain / victim — that is, the guy that Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett, and the rest of their gang are targeting in the heist. Read More »
Although the adaptation of John le Carré‘s spy thriller Our Kind of Traitor has been in the can since 2014, the film has taken a little while to make it to the big screen. But our friends across the pond will finally get a chance to see it this spring, and the first trailer finds Ewan McGregor and Naomie Harris (Skyfall) in the wrong place at the wrong time, suddenly caught up in a struggle between a Russian mafia money launderer (Stellan Skarsgard), a ruthless MI6 agent (Damian Lewis) and the British government.
Watch the Our Kind of Traitor trailer after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, September 30th, 2015 by Angie Han
We’ve got a lot of ground to cover today, so let’s hit it. After the jump:
- Get details on the Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation home video release
- The Olsen twins are “always welcome” to drop by Fuller House
- Drew Goddard says the studio really wanted a Cabin in the Woods 2
- Mia Wasikowska says the Alice in Wonderland sequel has less CG
- Drafthouse Films picks up Klown Forever for distribution in the U.S.
- Now Homeland‘s Damian Lewis is the subject of “next James Bond” rumors
- Exactly how many Aston Martin DB10s were destroyed in the making of Spectre?
- Blade Runner 2 director Denis Villeneuve would like to make a Bond film
- The Art of Kung Fu Panda 3 reveals another look at the sequel
- The cast of Resident Evil 6 shares more photos from the set
Read More »
Fans of Showtime’s series Homeland will soon get to see Emmy-winning actor Damian Lewis in a whole new light in the cable network’s political and financial drama series Billions.
The 12-episode first season doesn’t start airing until 2016, but the first teaser trailer has just arrived online, showcasing in intense game of cat and mouse as a corrupt billionaire hedge fund king (Lewis) is pursued by U.S. Attorney Chuck Rhoades (Paul Giamatti). This looks like quite a compelling drama, even in just this single-minute teaser.
Watch the Billions teaser trailer after the jump! Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Thursday, July 2nd, 2015 by Angie Han
After several documentaries, Werner Herzog returns to narrative features this year with Queen of the Desert. Nicole Kidman stars as Gertrude Bell, an English explorer sometimes described as the “female Lawrence of Arabia.” Along with the male Lawrence of Arabia (played here by Robert Pattinson), she helped shape the Middle East region as we know it today.
Now a new Queen of the Desert trailer has been released, and you can watch it after the jump. Damian Lewis and James Franco also star.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, June 17th, 2015 by Angie Han
More dino movie tidbits, plus writhing men and angry robots. After the jump:
- Kauai thanks Steven Spielberg for the Jurassic movies
- A lot of Jurassic World‘s money came from 3D
- Frank Marshall expects a call about Jurassic World 2
- Shawn Hatosy signs up for Fear the Walking Dead
- See a new poster for Alvin and the Chipmunks 4
- Paranormal Activity branches out with a VR game
- UK bookies think Damian Lewis could be the new Bond
- Arnold Schwarzenegger is the new voice of Waze
- Take in a new clip from Terminator: Genisys
- Channing Tatum gets his Magic Mike on at LA Pride
- Jimmy Kimmel asks Chris Pratt about Indiana Jones
Read More »