The casting for Quentin Tarantino‘s Once Upon a Time in Hollywood can’t stop, won’t stop. Damian Lewis, Luke Perry, Emile Hirsch, Dakota Fanning, Clifton Collins Jr, Keith Jefferson and Nicholas Hammond have all joined the ever-growing cast, which is led by Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt.
Read More »
Before his death in 2016, Rob Ford made headlines across the globe as the crack-smoking mayor of Toronto. Now his real life exploits are being dramatized in a Hollywood movie, and Homeland and Billions star Damian Lewis will suit up to play Ford in a drama called Run This Town. That’s odd casting, isn’t it? Read more about the Rob Ford movie below, including the other actors who will appear and what roles they’ll play. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, December 6th, 2016 by Angie Han
The Ocean’s Eight cast just keeps getting better and better. With shooting already well underway in New York, the Ocean’s Eleven spinoff has reportedly added Damian Lewis in the role of the villain / victim — that is, the guy that Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett, and the rest of their gang are targeting in the heist. Read More »
Although the adaptation of John le Carré‘s spy thriller Our Kind of Traitor has been in the can since 2014, the film has taken a little while to make it to the big screen. But our friends across the pond will finally get a chance to see it this spring, and the first trailer finds Ewan McGregor and Naomie Harris (Skyfall) in the wrong place at the wrong time, suddenly caught up in a struggle between a Russian mafia money launderer (Stellan Skarsgard), a ruthless MI6 agent (Damian Lewis) and the British government.
Watch the Our Kind of Traitor trailer after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, September 30th, 2015 by Angie Han
We’ve got a lot of ground to cover today, so let’s hit it. After the jump:
- Get details on the Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation home video release
- The Olsen twins are “always welcome” to drop by Fuller House
- Drew Goddard says the studio really wanted a Cabin in the Woods 2
- Mia Wasikowska says the Alice in Wonderland sequel has less CG
- Drafthouse Films picks up Klown Forever for distribution in the U.S.
- Now Homeland‘s Damian Lewis is the subject of “next James Bond” rumors
- Exactly how many Aston Martin DB10s were destroyed in the making of Spectre?
- Blade Runner 2 director Denis Villeneuve would like to make a Bond film
- The Art of Kung Fu Panda 3 reveals another look at the sequel
- The cast of Resident Evil 6 shares more photos from the set
Read More »
Fans of Showtime’s series Homeland will soon get to see Emmy-winning actor Damian Lewis in a whole new light in the cable network’s political and financial drama series Billions.
The 12-episode first season doesn’t start airing until 2016, but the first teaser trailer has just arrived online, showcasing in intense game of cat and mouse as a corrupt billionaire hedge fund king (Lewis) is pursued by U.S. Attorney Chuck Rhoades (Paul Giamatti). This looks like quite a compelling drama, even in just this single-minute teaser.
Watch the Billions teaser trailer after the jump! Read More »
Posted on Thursday, July 2nd, 2015 by Angie Han
After several documentaries, Werner Herzog returns to narrative features this year with Queen of the Desert. Nicole Kidman stars as Gertrude Bell, an English explorer sometimes described as the “female Lawrence of Arabia.” Along with the male Lawrence of Arabia (played here by Robert Pattinson), she helped shape the Middle East region as we know it today.
Now a new Queen of the Desert trailer has been released, and you can watch it after the jump. Damian Lewis and James Franco also star.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, June 17th, 2015 by Angie Han
More dino movie tidbits, plus writhing men and angry robots. After the jump:
- Kauai thanks Steven Spielberg for the Jurassic movies
- A lot of Jurassic World‘s money came from 3D
- Frank Marshall expects a call about Jurassic World 2
- Shawn Hatosy signs up for Fear the Walking Dead
- See a new poster for Alvin and the Chipmunks 4
- Paranormal Activity branches out with a VR game
- UK bookies think Damian Lewis could be the new Bond
- Arnold Schwarzenegger is the new voice of Waze
- Take in a new clip from Terminator: Genisys
- Channing Tatum gets his Magic Mike on at LA Pride
- Jimmy Kimmel asks Chris Pratt about Indiana Jones
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Since the last foray into historical drama by Nicole Kidman resulted in the continuously delayed and forgotten Grace of Monaco, maybe teaming up with the eccentric Werner Herzog for his narrative Queen of the Desert might yield better results.
The first trailer for the Berlin Film Festival selection has just arrived, showcasing the story of cartographer Gertrude Bell, an explorer who negotiated with Arab nations and helped establish the countries of Iraq and Jordan. The film follows around ten years of Bell’s life, focusing mostly on how her career was impacted by various romances over the years with suitors played by Robert Pattinson, James Franco and Damian Lewis. Watch the Queen of the Desert trailer after the jump! Read More »
We hate spoilers. And so does actress Jennifer Lawrence. While doing an interview on the red carpet of the SAG Awards, one of the interviewers decided to spoil the ending of season three of Showtime’s television series Homeland even though Lawrence had just told the “reporter” that she had only seen the first two seasons. Watch the video after the jump to see Jennifer Lawrence try to channel her anger into comedy. I’m not sure I could keep it that calm.
Read More »