Dominic Monaghan is reuniting with Lost co-creator J.J. Abrams for Star Wars: Episode 9. Monaghan is the latest addition to the Episode 9 cast, which includes other newcomers Naomi Ackie, Richard E. Grant, and Keri Russell. Monaghan’s character in the sequel remains a mystery at this time.
Posted on Wednesday, February 1st, 2017 by Ethan Anderton
This past December marked the 15th anniversary of Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, the first chapter in one of the greatest film trilogies of all time. Since that’s not exactly a celebratory, milestone anniversary, there wasn’t much pomp and circumstance. But a little over a month later, a mini-reunion of some of the members of the fellowship has taken place.
In what appears to be an impromptu reunion, Aragon (Viggo Mortensen), Frodo (Elijah Wood), Legolas (Orlando Bloom), Merry (Dominic Monaghan) and Pippin (Billy Boyd) all got together for a meal, and they took some time to snap a few pictures of the occasion as well. Check out the Lord of the Rings reunion photo after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Saturday, March 19th, 2016 by Jacob Hall
You know the drill, horror fans. A Creepy Stalker Type becomes obsessed with an Innocent Young Woman. He follows her, learns everything about her, and abducts her. And then the real horror begins. And you can predict the beats as they come, right on cue, one right after another.
Pet knows you know these beats. It knows that you think it’s a certain kind of movie and it lulls you into complacency. Yeah, you’ve seen this before. But you haven’t, because Pet zigs when you expect it to zag and takes a sharp left turn into a deep well of pitch black crazy when you least expect it. Pet is another grotesque “captive woman” movie, but it’s so much smarter and cleverer than your average horror flick. It blindsides you. It earns its nasty moments.
Posted on Monday, April 14th, 2014 by Germain Lussier
Some Episode VII speculation, lots of video game news and the ultimate Star Wars champion are all in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Peter Mayhew comments on potentially coming back for Star Wars Episode VII.
- The creative director of Uncharted is in charge of the a new Star Wars video game.
- Footage from a cancelled Darth Maul video game is now online.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi is the 2014 Star Wars champion.
- One of the latest rumors is Lord of the Rings star Dominic Monaghan could be in Episode VII.
- Check out a new poster for Star Wars Rebels, which may reveal new info next month.
- Watch a blooper reel for Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones.
- Artist Craig Drake released three amazing new Star Wars posters, available now.
Posted on Wednesday, April 2nd, 2014 by Germain Lussier
Star Wars Episode VII has received two custom made Panavision cameras nicknamed “Death Star” and “Millennium Falcon.” Below, check those out as well as these additional Star Wars Bits:
- Peter Mayhew drops of out convention appearance during Star Wars Episode VII filming.
- Lost and Lord of the Rings alum Dominic Monaghan spoke to J.J. Abrams about Star Wars.
- Meet Jedi Mickey Mouse during Star Wars Weekends at Walt Disney World.
- Billy Dee Williams dances with Chewbacca on The Tonight Show.
- Has J.J. Abrams officially made the move to London?
Star Wars Bits: ‘Episode VII’ to Film at Pinewood, Darth Maul Wants to Return, and William Shakespeare’s Star Wars
Posted on Friday, July 5th, 2013 by Germain Lussier
A confirmed filming location for Star Wars Episode VII, a possible actor for the film, two new languages and even a national award. This edition of Star Wars Bits is everywhere. After the jump, read about the following:
- Star Wars Episode VII is confirmed to shoot at Pinewood Studios.
- Lord of the Rings star Dominic Monaghan hinted he might be up for Star Wars Episode VII.
- Gamers can now play as an Ewok in Star Wars: The Old Republic.
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope has been dubbed into Navajo.
- Ray Park would love to reprise the role of Darth Maul.
- George Lucas is going to be given the National Medal of Arts.
- Darth Vader is once again a spokesperson, this time for Pringles.
- A new book has translated Star Wars into Shakespeare; see a trailer.
Posted on Monday, September 26th, 2011 by Germain Lussier
Where do you stand on World of Warcraft? If you’re a fan of it, you’re in Dominic Monaghan‘s corner. If you hate it, you’re in Elijah Wood‘s corner. And if you have no idea what I’m talking about you probably aren’t the only one.
One of the signature events at Fantastic Fest every year is the Fantastic Debates. This is where various actors, writers, and general well-known movie people verbally debate over an issue, then really settle the matter with their fists in a legitimate boxing match. This year’s Fantastic Debates was presented by the documentary Knuckle and the main event featured Fantastic Fest co-founder Tim League fighting the star of the film, James Quinn McDonagh. The undercard featured the two Lord of the Rings co-stars debating on the merits of World of Warcraft before slugging it out in front of a packed house.
Watch highlights from both fights and more after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, August 4th, 2011 by Russ Fischer
Yesterday I highlighted one of the films announced for the Midnight Madness program at the upcoming Toronto International Film Festival, Bobcat Goldthwait’s God Bless America. Today we’re back with another MM offering: The Day, a post-apocalyptic thriller that stars Ashley Bell, Dominic Monaghan, Shawn Ashmore, Cory Hardrict, and Shannyn Sossamon. Read More »
Posted on Saturday, July 25th, 2009 by David Chen
If you could know your future, how would you live your life differently? That’s the question that animates David Goyer’s new TV series, FlashForward, which will premiere on ABC at 8 pm on September 24th. Loosely based on the book by Robert Sawyer, FlashForward is a mind-bending, time-bending new series that takes a lot of inspiration from Lost, but with some new twists. I got the opportunity to see the first two acts of the very first episode of Flashforward (they did not show us the ending out of respect for preventing even the press from getting` spoiled). This was the first time this series has ever been previewed in public. Hit the jump for a summary of what I saw, plus some personal thoughts.
Please note that the following contains potential spoilers for the first episode of FlashForward.
Read More »
A new promo for ABC’s new fall line-up features one of the dead castaways from the television show Lost. Will someone be returning from the dead in the sixth and final season? Watch the promo after the jump. No actual footage from the show is featured, but its still a very possible spoiler. Why would ABC have included such a huge potential spoiler in this tv spot? Unless its not really a LOST spoiler (update after the jump). Discuss your theories of what this could mean in the comments below!