This weekend brings sad news of an Academy Award-winning filmmaker passing away as The Deer Hunter and Heaven’s Gate director Michael Cimino has died at 77 years old. Police discovered Michael Cimino dead in his home Saturday after friends had attempted to reach him with no response. Cannes Film Festival director Thierry Fremaux posted (in French) that Cimino died in peace surround by those close to him and the two women who loved him. We remember the career of Michael Cimino after the jump. Read More »
With the weekend fast approaching, it seems like all is quiet on the Star Wars front. Unless, of course, you’re an Oscar-winning director newly on Twitter, or are in search of a screen-used X-Wing Fighter. After the jump, read about the following:
- Oscar-winning director Michael Cimino revealed he pitched a Western sequel to Star Wars in the late seventies.
- Ted, the foul-mouthed star of this year’s film of the same name, dreamed he was in Star Wars.
- Profiles in History is having a Star Wars themed auction highlighted by a screen used X-Wing Fighter from A New Hope.
- Colin Trevorrow explains how his Star Wars Episode VII mix-up occurred and was solved.
- LucasFilm is being sued for allegedly stealing a prop for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
- A man making a life-size Millennium Falcon is interviewed.
- Jar Jar Binks meets Gollum. Kind of.
Read More »
Some of the greatest living filmmakers have gotten together to make a feature film which will be shown at the 60th anniversary of the Cannes Film Festival.
Read More »