/Filmcast Ep. 39 – Frozen River (GUESTS: Laremy Legel from Film.com, Myles McNutt from Cultural Learnings)
Posted on Tuesday, February 24th, 2009 by David Chen
In this episode of the /Filmcast, Dave Chen, Devindra Hardawar and Adam Quigley discuss their interpretations of the ending of Contact, lament the length of the Funny People trailer, ponder the greatness of Chris Klein’s career, and discuss their Oscar reflections. Special guest Laremy Legel joins us from Film.com, and Myles McNutt drops by from Cultural Learnings to share his thoughts on the Oscars.
Join us next Tuesday night at 9 PM EST / 6 PM PST on Slashfilm’s live page as we review Rachel Getting Married.
Download or Play Now:
Subscribe to the /Filmcast:
- For some great T-shirts, check out our sponsor, Bonaroo.co.uk. Use coupon code “filmcast” for free shipping on all U.S. orders!
- (00:44) Laremy Legel, Senior Producer and Editor at Film.com
- (01:38) Thanks for your responses re: interviews and commentaries!
What Have We Watched
- David Chen (03:55): The Pig, Peter and the Wolf, 24
- Devindra (07:49): Dollhouse, Point Break
- Laremy (12:58): Chuck
- Adam (14:52): Timecrimes, Dead Like Me: Life After Death, Contact
- (35:47) Wachowski’s not offered Superman
- (36:10) The Dark Knight Becomes 4th film to pass $1 billion
- (39:3) Schwarzenegger will be in The Expendables
- (40:22) Oscars Discussion (With Myles McNutt from Cultural Learnings)
- (1:04:10) Why we don’t care about the plot details for Shrek 4
- (1:04:30) Linda Hamilton in talks for Terminator Salvation
- (1:08:00) Clips from Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li
- (1:15:24)) Funny People Trailer
- (1:21:56) Frozen River
- Our music comes from Point 22 courtesy of the Podsafe Network, and Brad Sucks
- If you’d like advertise with us or sponsor us, please e-mail email@example.com.
- Contact us at our new voicemail number: 781-583-1993
- You can donate and support the /Filmcast by going to www.slashfilmcast.com and clicking on the right-hand side “Donate” links!