If you don’t follow any of the members of the comedy troupe Broken Lizard, then you may not have heard that production on the long-gestating comedy sequel Super Troopers 2 started today. That’s right, after launching a successful Kickstarter to help get the movie into production, Super Troopers 2 is finally happening, and we have the exclusive reveal of a new cast member.
Last night, while appearing as a guest for a live recording of the podcast Doug Loves Movies at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre’s Sunset location, Reaper, Deadbeat and Tucker and Dale vs. Evil star Tyler Labine confirmed that he joined the cast of Super Troopers 2 with production officially starting today. Find out what we know about the sequel so far, and see the first photos from the set after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, August 30th, 2016 by Jacob Hall
In this edition of Sequel Bits:
- The director of The Blair Witch Project praises Blair Witch.
- John Boyega teases Pacific Rim 2.
- Stephen Lang promises that the Avatar sequels are still coming.
- Duncan Jones would still be down for a Warcraft 2.
- Zombieland 2 is being written. Again.
- Mary Poppins Returns star Emily Blunt has earned an important seal of approval.
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back reveals a new poster.
- Michael Bay shows off a big stunt on Transformers: The Last Knight.
- Super Troopers 2 will wrap filming in September.
Read More »
In today’s edition of Sequel Bits:
- A creepy featurette on the story behind The Conjuring 2.
- Take a first look at Channing Tatum in Kingsman: The Golden Circle.
- March of the Penguins 2: The Call is actually happening.
- T.J. Miller confirms that he’s back for Deadpool 2.
- The first poster for Super Troopers 2 is here.
- Karl Urban is still talking about Dredd 2.
- Michael Fassbender promises gnarly Xenomoroph happenings in Alien: Covenant.
- John C. Reilly says Wreck-It Ralph 2 is in development.
- NBC says it hasn’t given up on that Cruel Intentions sequel series.
- Scientists are concerned about Finding Dory.
- Now You See Me 2 will screen in China.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, October 26th, 2015 by Jacob Hall
Welcome back to Sequel Bits, the round-up of anything and everything sequel-related. In today’s edition:
- Olivia Wilde explains what’s up with Tron 3.
- B.D. Wong explains what he really wants out of a Jurassic World sequel.
- Creed drops a new three-minute featurette.
- War of the Planet of the Apes adds another ape.
- Kurt Russell reacts to the Big Trouble in Little China remake.
- Thor: Ragnarok and Alien: Paradise Lost both head down under.
- Spectre is officially the longest Bond movie ever.
Read More »
Posted on Sunday, October 25th, 2015 by Angie Han
Break out the maple syrup: Shooting is officially underway on Super Troopers 2, more than 13 years after the first film hit theaters. Jay Chandrasekhar, Kevin Heffernan, Steve Lemme, Erik Stolhanske, and Paul Soter all return as Vermont’s goofiest state troopers, and Chandrasekhar once again directs. See the first Super Troopers 2 set photos after the jump. Read More »
We’ve got set photos, release dates and cast announcements. Lots of good stuff in this edition of Sequel Bits. Below, read about the following:
- It Follows star Maika Monroe joins Independence Day 2.
- Michael Bay posts images of several vehicles from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2.
- Josh Gad explains how John Lasseter told him about Frozen 2.
- Kevin Smith talks the number of characters and influences for Mallrats 2.
- Kung Fu Panda 3 has been moved up two months.
- Keanu Reeves says Bill and Ted 3 is closer than ever.
- Pee-Wee’s Big Holiday is on Instagram.
- See Penelope Cruz in Zoolander 2.
- The Super Troopers 2 IndieGoGo campaign has ended.
Read More »
This edition of sequel bits has some casting, some photos and some interesting trivia from sequels that never will be. Below, read the latest edition of Sequel Bits.
- Joey King and Brent Spiner return for Independence Day 2.
- The kids are scared in a new photo from Jurassic World.
- Brian O’Halloran returns for Mallrats 2.
- See a crazy photo of Kristen Wiig in Zoolander 2.
- Johnny Galecki joins the cast of Rings, plus more details.
- Why isn’t Ja Rule in the Fast and Furious sequels?
- The time has passed for a Dwayne Johnson Hobbs Fast and Furious spin off.
- A new Hitman: Agent 47 poster is out.
- The star of Tomorrowland ponders the possibility of a sequel.
- Watch Broken Lizard start training for Super Troopers 2.
- More discussion about a Dragon Tattoo sequel.
- Adam Sandler killed a Freddy Krueger prequel.
Read More »
“The time is meow.” That’s what the guys from Broken Lizard have to say about Super Troopers 2. After years of teasing fans and assuring them the film is on the way, the sequel is finally coming. 20th Century Fox has agreed to distribute the film but they need to see that the fans care. To show that fan support, Broken Lizard has started a Super Troopers 2 Indiegogo page hoping to raise at least $2 million. If it doesn’t raise $2 million, the film won’t happen. If they raise more, they’ll do bigger stuff in the movie. The hope is to shoot this summer and release in early 2016.
Below, read more about the Super Troopers 2 release and Indiegogo.
UPDATED: The initial $2 million was reached in a single day. This movie is happening. Now it’s just about how big the movie can get. Read more below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Wednesday, October 8th, 2014 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits involves a bit of casting, a bit of un-casting, lots of movie star quotes and, best of all, Jeff Goldblum. After the jump:
- Bill & Ted 3 is “closer, but no closer,” says Keanu Reeves
- Jason Schwartzman offers a Bored to Death update
- Super Troopers 2 will definitely involve mustaches
- Jeremy Renner continues to talk about Bourne
- Karl Urban claims Star Trek 3 is “phenomenal”
- There’s a place for Jeff Goldblum in Independence Day 2
- Chinese actress Zhang Jingchu boards Mission: Impossible 5
- Ted 2 fires 7th Heaven actor Stephen Collins amid scandal
- Ed Helms‘ Vacation sequel gets a fall 2015 release date
- Bond 24 adds Rome to its list of awesome locations
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, April 22nd, 2014 by Angie Han
This edition of Sequel Bits covers everything from kid-friendly adventures to gritty thrillers, and everything in between. After the jump:
- Get a peek at the Jurassic World Honolulu set.
- Meanwhile, Jurassic World is casting extras in New Orleans.
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 will open in IMAX.
- … And to celebrate, here are some new pics and a new clip.
- The Broken Lizard fellows talk Super Troopers 2.
- Scott Derrickson explains why Ciaran Foy was chosen for Sinister 2.
- Watch a trailer for City State 2, the sequel to the Icelandic thriller.
Read More »