/Filmcast Ep. 46 – Observe and Report (GUESTS: Katey Rich from Cinemablend and Whitney Matheson from USA Today)
Posted on Tuesday, April 14th, 2009 by David Chen
In this episode of the /Filmcast, David Chen, Devindra Hardawar and Adam Quigley discuss the ideal business situation for 3-D glasses at theaters, get excited about Duncan Jones’ Moon, deconstruct the awfulness of Marley & Me, and reflect on the brilliance of Jody Hill. Special guests Katey Rich from Cinemablend and Whitney Matheson from USA Today’s Popcandy blog join us.
You can always e-mail us at slashfilmcast(AT)gmail(DOT)com, or call and leave a voicemail at 781-583-1993. Join us next MONDAY night at Slashfilm’s live page at 9 PM EST / 6 PM PST as we review Crank 2.
Download or Play Now:
Subscribe to the /Filmcast:
- (00:44) Katey Rich from Cinema Blend
What Have We Watched
- David Chen (2:10): Through a Glass Darkly
- Katey Rich (3:47): Star Trek: The Motion Picture, Anvil!: The Story of Anvil, State of Play
- Devindra (12:24): Marley and Me, Mirrors
- Adam (24:40): Party Down
- (30:22) Trailer for Duncan Jones’ Moon
- (37:35) Year One Re-Cut for PG-13 Rating
- (38:17) Fox refuses to pay theater exhibitor theater exhibitors cost of 3D glasses
- (48:21) Efron confirmed for Johnny Quest? Johnny Quest to be retitled?
- (50:24) Tron’s $300 Million Budget
- Check out our sponsor Bonaroo.co.uk and use the code “filmcast” for free shipping to the U.S.!
- Our music comes from Point 22 courtesy of the Podsafe Network, and Brad Sucks
- If you’d like advertise with us or sponsor us, please e-mail email@example.com.
- Contact us at our new voicemail number: 781-583-1993
- You can donate and support the /Filmcast by going to www.slashfilmcast.com and clicking on the right-hand side “Donate” links!