Anthologies of any kind run the risk of unevenness, just because they’re composed of so many disparate parts. But the red-band trailer for V/H/S/2, at least, looks consistently terrifying. It’s two minutes of great, gory scares, with tons of blood and a smattering of nudity — which means, yes, that it’s very much NSFW. Watch at your own risk, and get an eyeful of some new pics, after the jump.
Posted on Tuesday, April 30th, 2013 by Slashfilmcast
Dave, Devindra, and Laremy chat about the improvements in VHS 2, the inanity of ATM, the backlash against the Zach Braff Kickstarter. You can buy Laremy’s book, Film Critic, at Amazon, or read up on the differences between Pain & Gain and real life.
You can always e-mail us at slashfilmcast(AT)gmail(DOT)com, or call and leave a voicemail at 781-583-1993.
Read More »
Sequel Bits: ‘Star Trek Into Darkness’, ‘G.I. Joe: Retaliation’, ‘V/H/S/2’, ‘Sin City: A Dame to Kill For’, ‘The Simpsons Movie 2’, ‘Clerks 3’
Posted on Monday, March 11th, 2013 by Angie Han
Who exactly is G.I. Joe: Retaliation‘s Cobra Commander? Find out after the jump. Also:
- Expect the cast to return for Oz The Great and Powerful 2
- Josh Duhamel will make a cameo in Transformers 4
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt talks Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
- Don’t hold your breath for a Simpsons Movie sequel
- A Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance stuntman is suing Sony
- V/H/S 2 gets a release date and some new images
- See images and video from the Star Trek scoring studio
- Just what is in that new Star Trek Into Darkness teaser?
Sequel Bits: Steven Spielberg Once Got Rejected For James Bond, Plus: ‘Riddick’, ‘S-VHS’, ‘Lost Boys 4’
Posted on Wednesday, November 28th, 2012 by Angie Han
Let’s run through a few sequel-related odds and ends. After the jump:
- Katee Sackhoff explains why Riddick got an R rating
- Steven Spielberg reveals that he once offered to do Bond
- Get your first peek at the horror anthology S-VHS
- Corey Feldman confirms that Lost Boys, as a series, is dead
‘V/H/S 2’ Officially In The Works; Gareth Evans, Jason Eisener and Eduardo Sanchez Join the Anthology
Posted on Wednesday, October 31st, 2012 by Germain Lussier
The horror anthology is alive and ready for round two. V/H/S 2, a sequel to this year’s horror hit V/H/S, has just been announced. The film will retain the same producing team (including the people behind Bloody Disgusting) and at least one of the original directors (You’re Next director Adam Wingard), but most of the creative roster is brand new.
At the top of the new list is Gareth Evans, the director of The Raid, who’ll co-direct a segment with Timo Tjahjanto. Also directing for the film is Eduardo Sanchez, a co-director of The Blair Witch Project, who’ll co-direct his V/H/S segment with producing partner Gregg Hale. They’re joined by Jason Eisener (Hobo With a Shotgun) and Simon Barrett, Wingard’s writing partner who’ll be making his directorial debut. Read more after the jump. Read More »