Part of the formula that made the original Transporter films work was the mystique of main character Frank Martin. Played by Jason Statham, this was a man with no moral compass, who drove and killed people as long as he was properly compensated. Over the course of three films, we definitely learned more about what made him tick but with Statham leaving the franchise, producers decided to look back for the sequels.
Last week, news broke that Transporter 4 would start a new trilogy focused on Martin’s past. That makes it a prequel, which means they’d need a new, younger version of Statham. And they’ve found just that. Ed Skrein, who plays Daario Naharis on Game of Thrones, will be playing Frank Martin in the fourth film and beyond. Read More »
The one person more excited than fans for Colin Trevorrow’s sequel Jurassic World is Chris Pratt. The Lego Movie and Guardians of the Galaxy star has been confirmed as one of the film’s leads and, in a new interview, he talks about how the film ties into the original three, and some specifics of his character. It’s vague, but more than we’ve heard about the film in some time. Below, read about that as well as the following:
- Jason Statham signs for The Mechanic 2…
- …but not Transporter 4, which is an origin story reboot.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, May 21st, 2013 by Angie Han
Guess who’s been hanging out in Middle-earth again! Also after the jump:
- There will be three more Transporter movies
- Sly Stallone wants The Raid stars for Expendables 3
- “Fuck, yeah,” Guillermo del Toro says about having Pacific Rim 2 ideas
- Details uncovered on Transformers 4‘s new robots
- Who else has an Anchorman 2 cameo lined up?
Read More »