Because we can’t have nice things, we’ve been given a Daddy’s Home sequel, but Step Brothers 2 is nowhere to be found. While we may someday be blessed with a Step Brothers sequel, the follow-up to the 2008 cult hit comedy is currently little more than an unrealized dream. To rub salt in the wound, Step Brothers co-star Will Ferrell recently revealed the potential Step Brothers 2 would have been about.
Posted on Tuesday, October 21st, 2014 by Angie Han
So many sequels, so little time. So let’s get to it. After the jump:
- Channing Tatum isn’t so sure about 23 Jump Street
- Magic Mike XXL could be in 3D (but probably won’t be)
- Adam McKay is still planning to make Step Brothers 2
- Producer Malek Akkad has a Halloween 3 update
- Rumor has it Frank Grillo will lead Skyline 2
- Jason Reitman offers a suggestion for Ghostbusters 3
- See the Lorde-curated soundtrack list for Mockingjay
- Billy Boyd will sing the final Hobbit credit song
- Check out the new banner for Horrible Bosses 2
‘Anchorman 2’ Temporarily Killed ‘Step Brothers 2;’ Will Also Have Musical Numbers and A “Murderers’ Row of Day Players”
Posted on Tuesday, November 13th, 2012 by Germain Lussier
Anchorman fans know two things for certain. Ron Burgundy is coming back and he and his news team have lovely voices. Who could forget Ron, Brian, Champ and Brick’s rousing rendition of Afternoon Delight in the 2004 hit? Well, according to co-writer and director Adam McKay, there will be more of that in the sequel.
In a new interview, McKay confirmed that they’ve already written full musical numbers for Anchorman 2, which starts shooting in the Spring, and that they’re bringing in “a murderers’ row of day players” to rival the cameos in the first film.
He also discussed Step Brothers, which was rumored to have a sequel of its own, as well as related a rap album. McKay said the sequel was in the works and is still possible, but was put on hold due to Anchorman 2. The rap album, however, fell apart. Read details on all of this after the jump. Read More »
This edition of Sequel Bits is brought to you by the letters “L,” “O,” and “L.” Which is just my not terribly clever way of saying it’s all about the comedies. After the jump:
- Will Ferrell confirms that Anchorman 2 is still dead, but Step Brothers 2 could get going soon
- Jay Baruchel briefly talks Cartoon Network’s Dragons and How to Train Your Dragon 2
- Ed Helms offers a very minor status update on The Hangover Part III
Posted on Monday, July 19th, 2010 by Russ Fischer
We’ve talked about the possibility of an Anchorman sequel for quite some time, and early this year it seemed like the film had a chance to see the light of day. But Paramount passed, and now director Adam McKay offers both the final word (more than likely) on the sequel, and teases a detail that might make you mourn it just a little bit more. Read More »