(Welcome to Out of the Disney Vault, where we explore the unsung gems and forgotten disasters currently streaming on Disney+.)
Mary Poppins was a mammoth success the likes of which Walt Disney Pictures had rarely seen in its live-action fare in the mid-1960s. And audiences seemed primed for big, splashy musicals. So in the wake of its success, Walt Disney himself worked with the same songwriting team on a new movie that would hopefully do for the extremely rich and the gearheads of the world what Mary Poppins did for the English.
And that’s how we have The Happiest Millionaire, finally available to stream on Disney+.
Read More »
Disney, Marvel and Universal all get some ink in this edition of Theme Park Bits. Below, read about the following
- Will a Indiana Jones ride open at Disneyland Paris?
- The Ratatouille ride will open in Summer 2014.
- Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige admits to wanting more Marvel rides.
- Get a glimpse of the new Frozen-influenced World of Color show at Disney California Adventure.
- Disney legend Richard Sherman wrote a new song for a show based on the ride It’s A Small World.
- Check out the cover to the Haunted Mansion-inspired comic Disney Kingdoms: Seekers of the Weird.
- A Frozen meet and greet is now open in Epcot.
- Read a fantastic interview with the man behind Universal rides like Jurassic Park, King Kong, Terminator and Spider-Man.
Read More »