Another day, another story accusing Harvey Weinstein of being a terrible human being, as director Peter Jackson recently claimed that Weinstein actively blocked Ashley Judd and Mira Sorvino from joining the Lord of the Rings cast. This is just the latest in an ever-growing list of despicable behavior attributed to Weinstein, who was recently forced out of The Weinstein Company in light of multiple sexual assault allegations.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, February 22nd, 2013 by Angie Han
Like the last couple of TV Bits, this one is also chock full of casting news. Also after the jump:
- Downton Abbey adds a new series regular
- Patton Oswalt will stop by Parks & Recreation
- The Newsroom‘s version of Team Romney expands
- Michael C. Hall might be done with TV after Dexter
- Chris Lilley‘s new show starts shooting in Melbourne
- FX renews The Americans for a second season
- Are Mindy Project and New Girl moving to Thursdays?
- Watch four deleted scenes from Game of Thrones
- … and find out when we’ll get the Season 3 trailer
Read More »
Lots of good news on the TV front broke over the weekend so, after the jump, read about the following:
- Zachary Quinto and Jessica Lange are coming back for American Horror Story season 2 along with Evan Peters, Sarah Paulson and Lily Rabe.
- Creator Ryan Murphy offers hints about the show’s return and a surprising twist with the casting.
- Check out the teaser art for the second season of AMC’s The Killing.
- A new trailer for Game of Thrones season two has been released.
- Animated promos for NBC’s Community come online this week
- Well-known actors like Dennis Quaid, Cary Elwes, Mira Sorvino and many others are heading to TV.
Posted on Tuesday, September 27th, 2011 by Angie Han
As a young director in the mid-’90s, Guillermo del Toro had just completed his first feature, Cronos, when he landed the gig of helming the $30 million sci-fi horror Mimic for Miramax. Though del Toro’s creepy style seemed like an obvious fit for a story about giant killer bugs that prey on humans, the project famously did not go well. Creative struggles with producer Bob Weinstein ultimately resulted in a theatrical cut that del Toro so disliked that he publicly distanced himself from the film.
Now, some fourteen years later, del Toro is finally making peace with Mimic in the form of a new director’s cut that hits Blu-ray today. After the jump, watch a clip from one of the Blu-ray special features in which del Toro discusses his original vision for the movie.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Training Day and Harsh Times writer David Ayer is putting together his next film: a cop drama called End of Watch that he’ll write and direct. Jake Gyllenhaal is now in negotiations to star. Variety says the film is “a gritty drama that follows the friendship between longtime partners.” David Ayer is also tapped to write the remake of the Arnold Schwarzenegger action film Commando, but we haven’t heard much about the progress of that film in some time.
After the break, Olivia Thirlby joins the long-gestating memoir adaptation Another Night in Suck City and Dermot Mulroney and Mira Sorvino find Trade of Innocents. Read More »